Working Moms
Options

Working and Hating it.....:(

I've been working full time sine my ds was 6 weeks old. At first I was completely at peace with this but recently I feel so sad when I look at my 3.5 year old and know that I only spend about 4 hours a night with him and weekends. I think SO and I would be fine if I either stopped working or worked extremely part time, but he won't even consider it. We don't pay for childcare now, my dad watches him(retired), so thats not a factor. My so says I just want to stay home to be lazy, but thats not it! I hate missing this time in my lo's life, and we want to start ttc in january, I want to be home more with the new one, instead of working M-F 8-5. blah. rant over lol.
Me: 29 | SO: 28
Started Dating SO: 9/26/2009
DS Born: 6/02/2012
Tied the Knot: 11/14/2015
Trying for Number Two since 9/1/15
BFP!!! Baby 2 Due: 12/6/21

Re: Working and Hating it.....:(

• Options
    I understand. My two cents are to find a way that those 4 hrs a night and weekends are all the more fulfilling for you, or find flex-time or less time. My DD is about to turn 4 and I work "reduced" full-time; it's a b*tch - paid less, somehow still responsible for just as much ... but I wouldn't trade those two afternoons a week for anything. My boss (a single dad) suggested it. Bless him.

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I agree with the above.  Also, try to look at it is quality vs. quantity.  Your son isn't going to remember you spending x amount of hours with him per day.  He is going to remember all the things you did together and the fun you had.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi, My baby is six mo old and I retur to work this week. I work nights 11-7a.m. I know I should be thankful for all the time I have been home but I am just depressed and am very weepy!, I would stay home for good if it weren't for benefits
  • Options
    I would try to just live off of your SO's salary until you have your next LO.  I'm a teacher so I go through a roller coaster of emotions every year.  Every summer I wonder how do I work?  As soon as I get back, I think it's not so bad.  This year I'm feeling so overwhelemed.  MY daughter will go into kindergarden in September.  I thought it would be nice to be home when they're little, but I don't know how I'm going to do this.  I have a 3 year old too, so I'm going to have 2 drop off, rush after school to get my daughter then  go back for my son.  I want to be involved in her school activities, but I still want to be a good teacher for the kids I teach.  With the age gap you're going to have, with them in 2 different places, I'd stay home if you can, or work very part time.  BTW< it's summer so I'm also in that "how do I work" stage.  I'm sure I'll get into a routine after a few weeks.
  • Options
    If I were you I would listen to my heart and do all I can to switch to a part-time job..There's a very inspiring book called The four hour work week. I have read it twice and I am pretty sure you can find something in it for you! Good luck and keep us posted!