Baby Showers

Champagne flutes as favors?

2»

Re: Champagne flutes as favors?

• urby87urby87 member
    edited July 2015
    Jonesy288 said:
    @urby87 what type of etiquette do you follow where it is okay to blatantly make snide remarks about people and their families ? Saying someone is raised tacky or what have you is straight up rude and goes against etiquette, period. She could have disagreed without even saying anything that made implications about anyone's family, friends or social circles. There's got to be a limit somewhere. Also, I'm far from a white knight. But thanks for your useless two cents . ETA (I realized you didnt really read and then comment): Also, had you read what I said... I didn't say it was rude to tell the OP that.. I was referring to the way other posters chose to inform her. Having respect and common courtesy when you speak to others, even on the Internet is something I would think people who love to critique etiquette and social standards would basically do. But clearly I was wrong. It is also hypocritical to call me a Wk when you came to the rescue of someone being unnecessarily rude.
    Key word: IF.  IF you were raised tacky, then your circle probably has no problem with disregarding etiquette.  IF you weren't, then might want to re-think throwing your own gift-giving party.  Nobody said anything definitively about anybody's friends or family; it was a remark based on hypothetical circumstance.  I did read what you wrote.  You don't think your own "Thanks for the dialogue, but we don't need to interact anymore" comment was snide?  I certainly found it to be.  I also find it a bit odd that you object to the notion of being called a white knight when your first contribution to this thread was essentially 'Ignore the haters, throw your own gift-giving event and nobody will bat an eye as long as they have a good time' when the majority of the discussion up until that point had been people pointing out that hosting one's own shower is bad etiquette because it has a tendency to look gift-grabby (and OP being needlessly uppity about how much she was spending, and how that makes it okay).  My apologies for lurking.
  • @vik9 I'm happy you found a favor you are happy with. Your shower sounds lovely and that your intentions are to share a very joyful time with friends and loved ones. Enjoy your shower, hopefully you have some mock mimosas for yourself as well!! (Grapefruit juice and sparkling water)
  • Loading the player...
  • Vik9Vik9 member
    Thank you!! It really is just a celebration with my friends and family! And yes mock mimosas are a must :-).

@vik9 I'm happy you found a favor you are happy with. Your shower sounds lovely and that your intentions are to share a very joyful time with friends and loved ones. Enjoy your shower, hopefully you have some mock mimosas for yourself as well!! (Grapefruit juice and sparkling water)

• If I had a 100/pp party it would be 2 people there lol.
  • I have to come to.realize some people like to have extravagant parties and to be the talk of town no matter what. I mean a $10,000 shower and you don't care what gifts you get. Like duh what would you ever get to cost anywhere near that amount. Just have a celebration don't even call it a shower. Clearly you don't NEED anything.
  • I have to come to.realize some people like to have extravagant parties and to be the talk of town no matter what. I mean a $10,000 shower and you don't care what gifts you get. Like duh what would you ever get to cost anywhere near that amount. Just have a celebration don't even call it a shower. Clearly you don't NEED anything.

This is what we call resurrecting a zombie thread...
  • If I had a 100/pp party it would be 2 people there lol.

I'm pretty sure the total cost for my shower is less than $200, including the cake and food, for 35+. I asked for it to be done cheap as possible since I am forbidden from helping financially. My family is thrifty and I love it. Lol
  • The last baby shower I went to, the favors were popcorn (for she is about to pop) with some chocolates, lipbalm and little candies in a bag and also she got custom red velvet cupcakes from a local bakery. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker