June 2015 Moms
Options

FFFQ - Flame Free Friday Questions, 7/10

Re: FFFQ - Flame Free Friday Questions, 7/10

• Options
    Thanks for all the answers on diaper and wipe usage, ladies!
  • Options
    aj1327aj1327 member
    I change with feelings or if LO is awake and feels wet or if I know there's a lot of poop in there. No rash yet. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    aj1327aj1327 member
    edited July 2015
    @henrytvii, thanks,your response makes me feel a lot better. The genetic testing thing is hilarious!

I still get uterine cramping sometimes. LO is 5 weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed that my uterus is not done shrinking yet!

Edited because at 2:45 am typing is hard
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 my little guy doesn't look at me while nursing, either. He's also either got his eyes closed or he's looking off behind me. Also, he prefers the cross body so it would be hard for him to look at me. He does look up at me a lot more when I give him his formula, tho
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    aj1327aj1327 member
    edited July 2015

At what age does passing gas and having bowel movements become less traumatic and difficult for babies? My LO is 4 weeks today so if the answer could be 4 weeks that would be great. Thanks! ;)

Mines 5 weeks and still grunts like its a huge effort. It makes me sad. Maybe for you it will be 4 weeks. Can I get a 5 weeks from someone?!?
  • Options
    teather5teather5 member
    edited July 2015
    Nearly 8 weeks here and it's still painful to watch sometimes.

Anyone else's LO hold their breath when grunting and turn red/purple with splotches on their head? Scares me!
  • Options
    teather5 said:

Nearly 8 weeks here and it's still painful to watch sometimes.

Anyone else's LO hold their breath when grunting and turn red/purple with splotches on their head? Scares me!

Yes... Mine turns purple. It makes me more sad. That's usually the point I break out the gas drops.
  • Options
    Another question. When yall say "sleeps in the swing" is the swing actually on? LO will take a nap in the swing with it on, but as soon as I turn the swing off and it slows to a stop, he will wake up. Is there any reason I can't leave the swing on? He sleeps fine at night in his crib. This would just be during the day.
  • Options

At what age does passing gas and having bowel movements become less traumatic and difficult for babies? My LO is 4 weeks today so if the answer could be 4 weeks that would be great. Thanks! ;)

The answer isn't 6 weeks either :(

I hate seeing LO in so much pain! I just rock her and say "I'm sorry baby!"

We are on both gas drops and probiotics per the doc ... No improvement yet but it's only been 5 days of probiotics. I think I'm going to add gripe water next.
  • Options
    @SarahBaby87 LO naps in the turned on swing during the day. It's going full force. She sleeps in her bassinet at night with no problem she just has a problem going to sleep during the day and the swing does the trick.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options

@SarahBaby87 LO naps in the turned on swing during the day. It's going full force. She sleeps in her bassinet at night with no problem she just has a problem going to sleep during the day and the swing does the trick.

Ditto this.
  • Options
    Would my dr prescribe me something that would transfer to my breast milk and be bad for LO?

I've been taking norco and I feel like he is extra sleepy. I can take 2 every four hours but I've only been taking 1 every 12 hours because it stresses me out. But, I notice a difference when he eats right after I take it. I just can't imagine they would give me something that was bad for LO when they know I'm breastfeeding.
  • Options

Would my dr prescribe me something that would transfer to my breast milk and be bad for LO?

I've been taking norco and I feel like he is extra sleepy. I can take 2 every four hours but I've only been taking 1 every 12 hours because it stresses me out. But, I notice a difference when he eats right after I take it. I just can't imagine they would give me something that was bad for LO when they know I'm breastfeeding.

Did you ask the doctor or pharmacist? Drugs.com says don't take it while breastfeeding. But if you're taking it orally, it needs time to hit your bloodstream before affecting breast milk, so if the changes you notice in LO are literally right after you take it, it is probably not related.

But I'm not a medical professional so ask your doc.

Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    Hey my lovely mamas!
    So we have a good bedtime routine with baby girl. We clothes the blinds, make the room quiet, feed her and swaddle her then put her in her rock n play at bedtime. But for her naps she naps a lot in our living room with the blinds open, dog randomly barking, TV going, no swaddle and sometimes even napping on us (sometimes her swing). Would you recommend continuing nap time in the not so quiet bright atmosphere or do you put your LOs in the room they sleep in at night and dim lights and sound? I just put LO in our room where she always sleeps during the night for one of her naps since I wanted to vacuum and she cried through her whole last nap.
  • Options
    SammeMotleySammeMotley member
    edited July 2015

Download the mommy meds app.
    Edit pic
  • Options
    Also, I take generic for Norco because I had a csection and I have bad headaches right now. I haven't noticed a difference in babe. This information comes from the infant risk center in Texas. Great app for nursing moms.
  • Options

@katyertl I would recommended doing the same you are now. It's recommended to make a distinction between day and night for the babe so they know to sleep longer at night.

That's what I thought too! Good! Thanks :)
  • Options
    teather5 said:

Ditto this.
    Agreed!
  • Options
    Poop question. I keep reading that BF babies stop pooping so frequently and often go days without a bowel movement. My son is almost 8 weeks and goes every time he eats, so 6-8 times a day. There's not a ton each time, no blowouts, but is it okay to still go that often?

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    ^^ yes
  • Options
    @kristenk727 I'm still waiting for that switch...hasn't happened and I'm convinced it never will. So. Much. Poop! =))
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    so. we are using huggies newborn, and ive noticed that LO's diaper keeps leaking around his legs. am i just not putting the diaper on correctly? or is it the wrong size for him?
  • Options
    @kristenk727 and @dancegurl1118 My first always pooped all the time. If he went a day without pooping at least once, he was sick. Once they start solids, it goes down. But yeah, so much poop.
  • Options
    @JessHeppell we couldn't use huggies newborn right away. Ours peed out the leg. They run bigger than the pampers. We use the huggies newborn now that he is 3 weeks old and they fit well now:
  • Options
    @JessHeppell we made the switch to Huggies size 1. There's been twice where we had a leak out the leg.. But I'm certain it was my fault because when I took a look at the diaper the edge was tucked inside. I pay close attention now and have had no further issues. We have been using them since LO hit 9lbs.

• Options

so. we are using huggies newborn, and ive noticed that LO's diaper keeps leaking around his legs. am i just not putting the diaper on correctly? or is it the wrong size for him?

Huggies always seemed to leak for us, even when we tried a different size. I think the shape just didn't work for LO. We switched to baby love diapers which are wider, and the number of leaks decreased dramatically.
  • Options

Also, I take generic for Norco because I had a csection and I have bad headaches right now. I haven't noticed a difference in babe. This information comes from the infant risk center in Texas. Great app for nursing moms.

I'm taking norco for my csection too! I just noticed that he was sleeping extra hard and more frequently and I thought it might have to do with the norco. I don't want anything contaminating my breast milk!

Thank you for the app suggestion! That's awesome.
  • Options
    @rrcameron21 take your meds then!! I feel your pain!! As long as you aren't abusing them you and LO are FINE!!
  • Options
    KaLikeAWindKaLikeAWind member
    edited July 2015
    Other than having a look (which I'm NOT gonna do. I'm not ready), how do we know if our stitches are all done? I'd like to use my trimmer and mow the lawn, but do not want to catch the stitches

Edited, damn you autocorrect
  • Options
    @mellymar the curiosity killed me, I totally looked right after delivery (HAD to see the damage) and every day for a few days. Thinking back, so weird.
  • Options
    Don't judge me as some lush (ok judge me that was my prepregnancy life) but I know the rules on if I AM feeding her and drinking, but if I am going to be drinking heavily (a wedding in October) or I just feel like imbibing a little more than usual and feeding her pre-pumped milk, what do I do wth the milk I will be pumping to keep my supply up while I am boozing? Just toss it? The alcohol won't...go away over time? Yes I have a science background and just asked if the alcohol in my pumped milk will disappear over time (I just want that fairy tale to be true so I don't have to dump my milk).
  • Options
    @dancegurl1118 Didn't another thread talk about pump and dump being a myth. That the alcohol concentration would be super low even if you had 4-6 drinks? I'd have to do some research and I don't have any heavy drinking planned (boring life), but my gut response is I'd throw it in the freezer for when LO is close to 20lbs and has a more developed liver. But maybe that is nuts. If the alcohol content is super low why dump?
  • Options
    How long are people pumping each session? I read different recommendations every time I look it up.
  • Options
    dancegurl1118dancegurl1118 member
    edited July 2015
    @henrytviii I thought the pump and dump myth was just for if you were responsibly drinking...not binge drinking (which I plan on..LO will be 5 months and staying with grandma overnight)

Also-- I do 15 minutes pumping. Always after a feeding because she's eating every 2 hours so there's not time to add one in.