May 2015 Moms
Options

Vent!

I upset and just need to vent! I never had a problem with my family until recently. I'm so sick of hearing "pass me that baby you get to see her all the time." Or "how is my girl?" Or "I can't wait to do this with her.." I just want to scream SHE IS MY DAMN BABY, not yours. I think I might next time it happens. I love how involved they are and how much they love her, but it's just getting on DH and I's nerves.

Re: Vent!

• Options
    I hear ya! I really only go through this with my MIL.. we are visiting her right now and she insists on holding LO even when she's screaming... trying to calm her, when I could have her calm in a matter of seconds! she'll jokingly say things like "she sees your face all the time... she wants to see mine now!" And she constantly says "I can't wait until she grows up so we can play"... STOP WISHING MY BABY'S LIFE AWAY! She literally just said "I can't wait to go to her kindergarten graduation!"... sighh.
  • Options
    I also get frustrated when people say "how is my boy?" It's always from my mom, MIL and my grandma. I don't really know why it bothers me so much. I guess I'm possessive about him. But hey! I carried him for 9 months and had the 30 hour labour getting him out. I get to be possessive if I want to!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes.. forgot about the "my". Unless you're saying "my granddaughter" I don't want to hear it!! You had your kids... this one is MINE!
  • Options
    I've actually felt the opposite way. My family was so excited when I was pregnant but only a few people have actually made an attempt to visit her. I actually cried the other day because I felt like the only ones who love her are me, DH, and MIL. I just want the whole world to know how amazing she is.
  • Options

Yes.. forgot about the "my". Unless you're saying "my granddaughter" I don't want to hear it!! You had your kids... this one is MINE!

Totally agree. Mil says "hows my baby" when she sees ds. Ummm---he's MINE

• Options
    CanadaMom17CanadaMom17 member
    edited July 2015
    My mom calls her "Grandma's girl" and I love it, that this little one has all of these people in her life to love her and teach her, and I don't mind at all.  I never had a grandmother growing up, so I'm thrilled my daughter will.  
  • Options
    mamajama3mamajama3 member
    edited July 2015
    I had a problem with MIL and SIL taking waaay to many selfies with DD and posting them all over Facebook. I finally told them that this is a baby, not an accessory, and that there are more photos being taken of DD with them than there are of DD with DH and me (I said it diplomatically because I know they do it because they love her so much, which I can totally appreciate). They slowed it down a bit after that but seemed pissy and now MIL never hugs me anymore when she sees me (let's all act like kindergarteners..). It's awesome to have family who love our LO's but we have a right to be protective and possessive of our babies.
  • Options
    ldmwldmw member
    mnmarcy said:

I had a problem with MIL and SIL taking waaay to many selfies with DD and posting them all over Facebook. I finally told them that this is a baby, not an accessory, and that there are more photos being taken of DD with them than there are of DD with DH and me (I said it diplomatically because I know they do it because they love her so much, which I can totally appreciate). They slowed it down a bit after that but seemed pissy and now MIL never hugs me anymore when she sees me (let's all act like kindergarteners..). It's awesome to have family who love our LO's but we have a right to be protective and possessive of our babies.

Yes, the pictures piss me off! Literally entire days spent with baby and all that is taken is photos of them with baby. Would have loved photos with mom and dad.

I am so over it. No more visitors for awhile!
  • Options
    Exactly. Or my sil going on and on insisting he needed a onesie from her university and saying she can't wait til he goes there etc. posting a million selfies saying future ______. Like WTF? I went to a good university too...but don't like to do that kind of stuff! have your own baby to force a future on! And the other day she got mad because she wanted to make his first Christmas ornament. I already have the supplies because I bought them last Christmas. So I was like sure you can make him an ornament but we are already taking care of the "first." She got sassy and was like "no I just won't make one at All f I can't make that one." Like WTF!? Is this really happening? You will eventually have your own baby so just chill!