LGBT Parenting
Options

Intro & first insemination story

Hello,
Just introducing myself. Looking for ways to distract myself during this first (maybe the last? one can hope) two week wait. We're working with a known donor, and the insemination process was one of the most surreal experiences of my life. I still can't really believe that happened. We got stuck in Boston traffic driving to the house of a friend who lives closer to our donor than we do (so a half-hour drive turned into an hour) and I started channeling The Dude, going, "HEY, I've got SEMEN here!" Got to our friend's house and was like, hi, lovely to see you again, where is your guest room? If it doesn't work this month, I might take our donor up on his offer to use his room, though that will be so awkward. Is two-three hours too long to hold a jar of semen between your legs? It would be nice to be able to do this at home.

Re: Intro & first insemination story

• Options
    We will be doing at home insemination with a known donor this month. I would love to hear from you and how it has worked out! Any advice/tips welcome :)

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker