January 2015 Moms

Nap issues

My 4 mo has started rolling in her sleep from her stomach to her back and startling herself awake. We have tried just flipping her back over but nothing works she's gone several days without a nap now and I have no clue what to do

Re: Nap issues

• Not sure how much she is moving and how comfortable you are with having a nursing pillow in the crib but we just put the nursing pillow around his legs so that it goes up to his hips. It keeps him from rolling over and has been working great for us so far.
  • Let her sleep on her tummy. If she can roll over, she can hold her head up, she's good. This is one of those things that cause a lot of fear in moms- babies in my generation were told to be put on tummies to sleep. They said then that putting babies on their backs were at risk for SIDS. it changes with the wind. Just watch her, keep the monitor on, and let her sleep.
  • Loading the player...
  • If she is flipping from stomach to back, why not put her down on her back to begin with? Unless she rolls back to stomach and the same thing occurs?
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We had switched her to sleeping on her belly when she was 3 months and we noticed she was sleeping more soundly but once we did that she started HATING being on her back