Baby Showers

Shower timing

I'm throwing a shower for my sister in law. If you had to choose between one at 31 weeks or one at 34 weeks what would you choose? Probably 31 weeks, right? Both dates work for everyone important. A couple of people involved, family, are acting like that is too early. I know it is up to me since I am throwing it and the mom to be doesn't care. I just want to be able to back it up. Thanks!

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
Married: October 8, 2011
DD1: September 24, 2013
BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
DD2: April 16, 2017
BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Shower timing

• My shower was hosted at 35 weeks and I wish it was a bit earlier. It still gave me enough time to buy everything I needed but I think 31 weeks might be better. 
  • Well my LO arrived before 34 weeks so I would say 31 weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think 31 weeks is a great time to have it.
  • My shower is planned for when I'll be 31 weeks, I feel like that gives a great amount of time to settle everything in and organize before becoming too pregnant and still have time to return or buy things that are needed
  • Personally, I like the idea of a 34 week shower because the mom to be will be looking soooo cute and pregnant by then and it will help to occupy her during those last dragging weeks, BUT i think anything in the last trimester is fair game, so if you want to do it at 31 weeks, go for it!
  • I think either is fine, keeping in mind that the longer you wait the more likely it is that baby may make his/her appearance!
  • I've been informed that my shower will be at 26 weeks. It's very early, but my mom and sister are flying cross-country to come and that was the time frame that worked for them. I think either is fine, she'll probably be more comfortable at 31 weeks than at 34 weeks. Ignore the judgement, you're doing fine.
  • I will be 30. Not only because time to buy what I don't get gifted, but also comfortable factor. I am already huge, and I just don't think I want to shmooz any closer than 30 weeks lol. Already having a birthday party for my kids at 33 weeks, in the heat, and I won't want to do a darn thing after that is over!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• dufferoo said:
    Personally, I like the idea of a 34 week shower because the mom to be will be looking soooo cute and pregnant by then and it will help to occupy her during those last dragging weeks, BUT i think anything in the last trimester is fair game, so if you want to do it at 31 weeks, go for it!

Or she could be the size of a blimp and self conscience about the way she looks.