January 2016 Moms
Options

Things you learned at an inappropriately old age

Re: Things you learned at an inappropriately old age

• Options
    These are absolutely hysterical I am loving it! LOL! Keep them coming, girls!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I still cannot properly pronounce the word 'differentiated'. No matter how many times I try.
    ME (31) DH (44) DSD (10) DSD (7)

IVF following failed VR.....

"The snow falls, each flake in its appropriate place."

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hahahahaha that's awesome!!
  • Options
    shrsrishrsri member
    edited July 2015
    lyannast said:

I just googled the lyrics of 'when I grow up' because I was also convinced they said 'boobies'
    ....I just looked at three different lyric sites. Now I have to admit I'm wrong. :(

Me toooooo... I'm sooo glad I was not the only one...
    I also was convinced that in the song 'Raise your glass' the lyrics were 'panty snatcher' .... I realised my mistake during an embarassing sing out with friends.. They keep insisting its 'penny snatcher' .. I'm still having doubts on this one though
  • Options

I used to think the world used to be in black and white and that's why old photos weren't in color.  When I was maybe 10 I asked my Dad if he was alive back when the world was still in black and white. He gave me a look like, "This cannot be my child..." lol, and then explained how it was the film.

10 might not necessarily be an inappropriate age, but it's still ridiculous that I ever believe the world used to to be greyscale and then magically became colorful one day!
    I think I may have thought that too briefly. We have a joke about my mom living in the time before color. I always think of The Wizard of Oz.

Oh, thank God I'm not the only one who believed the crust lie!!!!! I felt like such an idiot when I realized how insane that was.
  • Options

Some time in my twenties I figured out that the Cadbury bunny did not cluck. I don't know why I just accepted that whole time that it did. Good advertising I guess lol

Oh god, I'm dying. That is hilarious!

• Options
    sck601 said:

babybluu said:

After Dark Horse by Katy Perry came out it took me like a year to figure out she was saying "so you wanna play with magic."  I thought she said "so you wanna play with my jig."  It doesn't make sense at all...but it's Katy Perry.  I was in a zumba class when I finally figured it out.

hahahaha i thought that it said "so you wanna play with matches" and it took me actually really listening to all the words to realize that didnt make sense. lol
    ----QBF----
    Glad to know I'm not the only one! I thought it was "so you wanna play with my jeep."

Staying on the song trend, Jingle Bells "one horse soap and sleigh", PCD When i Grow Up, i thought it said "I wanna have boobies" instead of groupies, and the ever so popular "revved up like a douche" instead of douce in Blinded by the Light.

Wait, it says groupies?! So that's why our faculty advisor was okay with that song being in our dance performance!!!!! Ah!!!!!! Thank you, I just learned something new. :-D
  • Options
    I just thought of another one....until I was about seven, I thought that everyone lived to be 100. I don't even know where I got that one from....
  • Options
    When I was in high school, my brother, who is a year older than me, thought that girls just had a butthole and a vagina hole that we used for both sex and peeing. He didn't know we have a seperate uretha. I never corrected him, so my poor 26 year old brother probably still believes this. Lol
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    shrsri said:
    I just googled the lyrics of 'when I grow up' because I was also convinced they said 'boobies' ....I just looked at three different lyric sites. Now I have to admit I'm wrong. :(
    Me toooooo... I'm sooo glad I was not the only one... I also was convinced that in the song 'Raise your glass' the lyrics were 'panty snatcher' .... I realised my mistake during an embarassing sing out with friends.. They keep insisting its 'penny snatcher' .. I'm still having doubts on this one though

Call up your friends and tell them that THEY are the ones who are wrong! It's TOTALLY panty snatcher, 5 different lyric sites just confirmed, so unless everybody is singing it wrong except your friends, they're the wrong ones, haha

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I thought acid reflux was acid reflex up until a couple months ago. I swear I graduated from college lol!
  • Options

When I was in high school, my brother, who is a year older than me, thought that girls just had a butthole and a vagina hole that we used for both sex and peeing. He didn't know we have a seperate uretha. I never corrected him, so my poor 26 year old brother probably still believes this. Lol

On the website I got this thread from, you would be so shocked at how many full grown women didn't know this! Seriously, they didn't learn this until they were in their mid 20s! It's scares me. What ever happened to anatomy class in school?
  • Options
    These are all killing me ladies lol.
    One time when I was younger and stupid, I asked my mom what would happen if babies came out of buttholes and she said it was impossible, I kept insisting "but what IF" and she kept saying it was impossible. Finally she just told me they would stink forever. I believed it lol. My mom was a cruel liar lol
  • Options
    shaybe90shaybe90 member
    edited July 2015
    @SullyN --that sounds familiar! In high school a classmate was trying to tell me about some people getting suspended because someone was giving someone a BJ. And I had no idea what she was talking about!
  • Options
    SullyNSullyN member
    shaybe90 said:
    @SullyN --that sounds familiar! In high school a classmate was trying to tell me about some people getting suspended because someone was giving someone a BJ. And I had no idea what she was talking about!
    I'm so glad I'm not alone!!! 

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ha. These are hilarious.
    For the longest time I did not know that penises were "flexible." I thought that when a man got an erection, it just stuck straight out, and was this rigid pole that didn't bend or move. I literally believed this until I was about eighteen when DH (who was my BF then) talked about how guys "tuck" their "boners" up into their waistbands to hide them (don't ask me why we were having this conversation...). My response? "Wait...penises bend??" He laughed uncontrollably, and then informed me "if that weren't the case, the first time a guy tried to have sex, he would snap it off!" I was so embarrassed by my lack of anatomical knowledge.
  • Options
    I didn't know what the terms gay and lesbian meant until I was in junior high.
  • Options
    I just remembered another. I just learned this year that you can deposit cash via an ATM. I had no idea. I don't know how long this was a thing before I realized it, but my mind was blown.
  • Options
    maeg66maeg66 member
    babybluu said:

I just remembered another. I just learned this year that you can deposit cash via an ATM. I had no idea. I don't know how long this was a thing before I realized it, but my mind was blown.

It's actually fairly new, atleast around me it is. So don't feel bad lol
  • Options
    My family always makes fun of me when I realize something for the first time that is obvious to everyone else. Their two favorites are the day we were going into Macy's and I realized it's called a department store because it has different departments-I just had never stopped to think about it before. The best though was cleaning out my closet to move out of parents and I found My Little Ponies, and got so excited when I realized they were My Little Ponies because they were mine, and they were little ponies. I'll never love that down, apparently everyone noticed that but me :)
  • Options
    babybluu said:

On the website I got this thread from, you would be so shocked at how many full grown women didn't know this! Seriously, they didn't learn this until they were in their mid 20s! It's scares me. What ever happened to anatomy class in school?
    There was a whole episode about this on Orange Is The New Black. Lol.

• Options

babybluu said:

There was a whole episode about this on Orange Is The New Black. Lol.

What's funny is a lot of them said they didn't know until they saw that episode hahahah
  • Options
    mg137mg137 member
    Until pretty late in high school, the idea of blow jobs really confused me because I didn't understand how having ones penis blown on could feel that good. I knew there had to be something more to it, but couldn't figure out what it could be.

Not as bad as when I had to explain to an older girl that she couldn't get pregnant from giving a blow job. She was very worried because she swallowed and it was a liquid, so she would pee it out, and it would be going right by so it could get her pregnant then.

One more: I went on a group trip to Germany as a teenager. We had been there for over a week when a girl wrote home to her mom that South America was really beautiful. She wasn't joking. (We left North America so we had to be in South America, right?)
  • Options
    jezygaljezygal member
    edited July 2015
    So I didn't know women had a clitoris until I was around 18, my now husband helped me realize that. I thought women pee'd out of their vaginas until I was around 20. Obviously, I didn't learn a women's anatomy growing up. I thought I had to take out my tampon everytime I pee'd, I didn't understand why people would reuse the same tampon after peeing I didn't realize they never took it out.
  • Options
    ja1212ja1212 member
    My mum told me that if you put chocolate with dairy products you didn't get the calcium. It took me till I was 18 and started to tell someone else to figure it out. So many missed chocolate milkshake opportunities because of this!
  • Options
    Hahahahaha these are awesome
  • Options
    My friend has always called theses "u-HAUL Moments" because of the time she was driving behind one & it finally dawned on her that *you* are having to *haul* it yourself :D We laughed about that forever & now anytime one of us realize something we really should have already known, we share our U-HAUL moments and laugh some more! One of my most recent ones was realizing that Chief Nokahoma (the old-school Atlanta Braves mascot) was actually named that for "Knock-A-Homer" (home run). I had honestly just thought it was the Indian pronunciation of his name, and had nothing to do with baseball...wow! So embarrassing to realize how many times since childhood I had referenced him & never realized what I was saying...ugh. But, my husband sure got a great laugh out of it! Haha :D These are awesome, I really enjoyed reading them - thanks for the laughs ladies! :)
  • Options
    cawalpcawalp member
    @shrsri when I was scrolling I freaked out thinking I was crazy! It's not panty snatchers?!?

@CaraBoonie thank you for diligent research. I was about to think everything I know is a lie!
  • Options
    babybluu said:
    WOW! That's just silly. Guess we all have our dummy moments, though.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    babybluu said:
    I remember feeling dumb when I learned this in like...7th grade health class, and totally pretending I already knew, lol. My school had co-ed health class, and all the other girls either knew or were pretending like I was, because none of the girls said anything, but the boys went nuts, not a single one of them knew, haha. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    babybluu said:
    I remember feeling dumb when I learned this in like...7th grade health class, and totally pretending I already knew, lol. My school had co-ed health class, and all the other girls either knew or were pretending like I was, because none of the girls said anything, but the boys went nuts, not a single one of them knew, haha. 
    Imagine how weird our pee streams would be if it actually came out of our vaginas. And how would tampons work if that were the case? hahaha. Thank goodness for pee holes.  :))
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @cameronreed hahahah it would be like a faucet. Soooo much pee. But for real one of the stories I read was when a girl said a tampon was too dry to take out, so her friend suggested maybe she should pee a little so she could remove it and they looked at her like what?? Lol.

This thread was on baby center originally and I tried to find it so that I could show you guys but it didn't work lol