Birth Stories

Did anyone who does NOT like baths still LIKE laboring in water?

The hospital I will be delivering at offers tubs to labor in.  I am a FTM so I have no experience with this, but I have heard many positive things about using them while laboring.  I am not a person that usually enjoys baths, as I do not find them relaxing, but I am wondering if I might feel different about it while in labor?  Any input from anyone who has labored in water before? Do you think someone who does not enjoy baths might still like it?

Re: Did anyone who does NOT like baths still LIKE laboring in water?

• My personal experience was that I did like laboring in the tub even though, at the time, I wasn't into taking baths for relaxation. I found that all of my usual preferences went out of the window and the relief I got from the water trumped my previous disinterest in a bath. It was a totally different experience - so I would encourage you to try it!
  • I dont like baths either but had an amazing water birth!! When you are in labour your thoughts definitely change about certain things :) You can always try it at the time and get out if you dont like it....
  • Loading the player...
  • leela02leela02 member
    edited July 2015
    I'm kind of the opposite, I love being in water normally but when I went into labor I just wanted to get pain meds and chill out on the hospital bed. I think it was because I had very little sleep the night before so I wanted to be in bed in some way. My experience was great. You just never know what you're going to want until the time comes.
  • I don't like baths and didn't want to get in one, but my doula recommended it, so I did. I was so glad I did. I spent half of my 4 hour transition in the tub and it was great. I had to get out because my uterus wouldn't shift forward, hence the long transition.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker