Baby Names

Sibling name (sisters)

ymaiflebymaifleb member
edited June 2015 in Baby Names
Just found out we are expecting another baby girl!!! DD name is Audrey Elizabeth.

Nora
Kathryn
Anna
Amelia
Gracie

Leaning more towards Nora but looking for suggestions for more names. Obviously going more classic than trendy.

Re: Sibling name (sisters)

• Nora is nice and pairs nicely with Audrey.

I prefer Catherine

Anna and Amelia are nice but I personally am not a fan of siblings with same letter names.

Gracie is to juvenile as a given.  I would vote for Grace. 

Suggesting:

Caroline
    Charlotte
    Claire
    Eleanor
    Helen
    Julia
    Jane
    LUcille/Lucy
    Margaret
    Martha
    Olivia
    Rebecca
    Ruth
    Sara
    Victoria

• How about Audrey and Celine? Audrey and Iris? Audrey and Celeste?

BFP #1: Nov. '12 - Bunny born in July '13
    BFP #2: July '15 - Goodbye, Kitty

Benched.

• Loading the player...
  • Love Nora and Amelia! Would also love Kathryn if spelled Katherine/Catherine.

Also suggest:

Diana
    Abigail
    Eliza
    Felicity
    Cora
    Margot
    Frances
    Josephine
    Holly
    Gemma
    Eloise
    Jane
    Meredith
    Alice
  • I like Amelia and then Nora from your list. I also love the suggestion of Caroline.

Other ideas:
    Camille
    Evelyn
    Elise
    Lydia
    Natalie
    Victoria

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I think Audrey and Nora is a perfect sibset! I love Nora Catherine, if you don't have a mn picked out yet. I would stay away from the A names. I like Grace, but agree Gracie is too nicknamey/juvenile.

Suggestions:
    Caroline
    Lilah
    Cara
    Julia/Juliet
    Stella
  • LNic5LNic5 member
    Nora Kathryn is a nice combo with your daughters name

It's my favourite from your list
  • am&nam&n member
    I like Nora Katherine.
  • I like Nora the best from your list. Audrey and Grace is really nice, but not Gracie.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Nora Catherine/Katherine
  • You said you want something more classic vs. trendy. Anyone else think Nora is trendy right now? I seem to know several babies named Nora.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love Amelia!
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• I have had exactly 3 friends who have given birth to a girl in the past year, and all three of them named their daughters Nora. Literally, 100% of the female babies with whom I'm acquainted are named Nora.  So, Nora is a name I just can't with right now, but maybe it isn't so super trendy yet where you are (but just wait, it's coming). I like Celine and Celeste (as a PP suggested) and I also love Anna and Kathryn/Catherine. 

• ss456 said:
    You said you want something more classic vs. trendy. Anyone else think Nora is trendy right now? I seem to know several babies named Nora.
    Popular is different than trendy. Sophia and Olivia (and Nora to a lesser extent) are classic names that happen to be popular right now. Aubrey, Mackenzie, and Addison are names that are trendy and will be dated in twenty years (see the Ashleys, Jennifers, and Kellys of the 80s). It is up to the OP to decide if she minds that the name is popular, but it is definitely not trendy, as it has gone up and down in popularity over the years.
  • Thanks ladies! I was definitely leaning more towards Nora as I don't want to fall into the all "A" name trap. Also need to stay away from names beginning with M (bc of our last name) and names that end with an s sound (grace, Elise, etc) also due to our last name. I Like some of the suggestions as well (love Caroline) so I thank you.

My daughters name, Audrey, is actually a quite "popular" name when looking at the top 100 however it is not popular in our area (northeast). I don't believe Nora is either (I know a total of 1 child named Nora and she is 6). Either way as PP stated popularity doesn't matter much to me. Just wanted a more classic and less trendy name.

Thanks again ladies! Always helpful.
  • e1223e1223 member
    whit3183 said:
    I have had exactly 3 friends who have given birth to a girl in the past year, and all three of them named their daughters Nora. Literally, 100% of the female babies with whom I'm acquainted are named Nora.  So, Nora is a name I just can't with right now, but maybe it isn't so super trendy yet where you are (but just wait, it's coming). I like Celine and Celeste (as a PP suggested) and I also love Anna and Kathryn/Catherine. 

Haha yes - I do love the name Nora, but of the baby girls I know that were born last year, they were ALL either Nora, or some variant of Ellie. Are you by chance from MN? Nora seems very popular in the Twin Cities area.
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    Nora Katherine
  • We have,a,Grace Katherine, so I love that:)
    Grace Anna is ok...
    Katherine Jane is pretty also.
    March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker