1st Trimester

Help me

I feel really constipated and I can't eat anything any ideas or keep anything down help please this is my first pregnancy I don't know what to do

Re: Help me

• Have you tried apple juice? You may need to call your MD and get something if you can't keep anything down.
  • I agree. If you can't keep anything down, you need to talk to your doc.
  • Loading the player...
  • Eat fruit in the morning and drink water
  • Magnesium should do the trick.  I recommend the CALM Brand.  It will relax you and have you going in NO TIME. 
  • katonikatoni member
    Thanks everyone but how do I get my energy back am so weak I can't even go to work or to the shop :)
  • katoni said:

Thanks everyone but how do I get my energy back am so weak I can't even go to work or to the shop :)

Well until you eat or drink, you're not going to have energy. So get yourself healthy! As for regular pregnancy, non starvation induced fatigue, that may take your entire first trimester to get over.
  • groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited July 2015
    TMI, everybody. You were warned. 

I hate to break it to you. This happened to me too and I'm 16 weeks now and, other than a glorious week of poster-perfect, designer stool, I have been severely constipated up to this moment. 

Some things that helped. 

Colace - the doctor will prescribe it. It's not a laxative per se, but it's a stool softener. And it helps soften up the poo so it doesn't feel like you're squeezing out a starfish. 

Prune Juice - especially if you consume it on the same day you consume yogurt. It REALLY helps. 

Coffee - it won't have the colon cleansing powers it once did but it does help to get things moving. The lighter the roast, the more the caffeine. The more the caffeine, the higher the diuretic properties. Don't worry. A cup a day is safe. 
  • groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited July 2015
    Also on not eating? Unfortunately this is also normal. I still haven't regained my appetite, though I don't feel sick anymore. 

The only thing i've wanted this whole time, like REALLY wanted, was fruit. 

Luckily fruit is a diuretic for the most part.

Also, here's a little trick. Smell an alcohol swab. Like the kind they use in hospitals. I hear it settles the stomach. Unfortunately i learned about this too late but other women swear by it. 

Also sour foods (like lemon water or tart dressings) will settle the maternity sickness too. And the smell of tart food is less offensive (PICKLES!). Raw foods also are easier (at least for me)
  • Target makes a fiber+calcium prenatal gummy vitamin that helped me with constipation. I'm actually still taking it now (2 weeks PP) because I'm not regular again yet.
  • katonikatoni member
    Thank you all for the help