February 2015 Moms
Options

Contraction confusion

I am 39 weeks and I have been having consistent Braxton hicks contractions lasting a minute long every 6-7 minutes for the past 4 hours. It doesn't hurt at all, my belly is just getting really tight and uncomfortable. Is it possible to be in labor with painless contractions?

Re: Contraction confusion

• Options
    No idea, call your doctor!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Yes. It is. My first labor was like that even after my water broke until I received pitocin. Time to call your doctor.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, I'm 39w3d and I've had BH contractions like that this entire week. It's unbelievably frustrating thinking each night could be the night then going to bed only for them to stop. I was induced with my DD and hoping for a natural delivery so I'm only calling/going to hospital when they get painful to avoid pitocin.
  • Options
    I'm 39 weeks 5 days and I've had reliable, consistent, intense BH for a couple weeks now but no labor has come of it. I think I'm just now experiencing early labor contractions, because these definitely feel like menstrual cramps which is how my OB described they would feel. I didn't know I should be timing my BH. I just wish my water would break already. Contractions can get confusing.
    Me: 27
    DH: 28
    Together: 2005
    Married: 2008
    Naming our son after a cartoon character: 2/23/15!
  • Options
    For some good reading, look up "prodromal labor." The ctx can be time-able, intense and painful for hours and then just crap out. Good news is that prodromal labor generally helps make cervical progression but the bad news is that it's usually exhausting and can really wear on you. It may also convince you to go to the hospital several times. Very, very frustrating.
  • Options
    I just had son few days ago, as a FTM I had Braxton hicks that felt like menstral cramps for two weeks, but my labor pains did not even compare. I knew the difference with the first contraction!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"