Pregnant after a Loss
Options

Waiting=Torture

A bit of background: I have a healthy nine year old, and that pregnancy was perfect.

In January, I lost my son at 20 weeks from early preterm labor. Nothing was wrong with him, he had a heartbeat until he was born.

Now, I am seven weeks pregnant today. On Sunday, my boyfriend and I had sex and later I had some bleeding that ended after an hour.

On Monday was my first appointment with the prenatal nurse. She did a TV us. Baby looked great, we saw a healthy heartbeat and a fetal pole. But I haven't stopped bleeding since.

It's never heavy bleeding on a pad, it's just when I wipe. A few small clots/tissue like drops. But very small.

And last night i was somewhat crampy but nothing I can't stand.

The doctor said we would have an appointment next Wednesday, and to stay couch ridden until then, and to go to the emergency room if I started bad pain or to fill a pad.

I am just hoping everything is ok. My nine year old son was so happy we are pregnant again, and I am so scared this one is being lost.

I hate waiting, and not having control to save my baby. Or to even know what's happening with my body. :(

Re: Waiting=Torture

• Options
    I'm sorry that's happening to you. I guess they can't get you in any sooner?
  • Options
    He said there's no reason to take me in any sooner. If I'm miscarrying, they can't stop it. If its regular bleeding, resting will help it, according to the nurse.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Medically I get that, but what about patient's piece of mind?! Like you said, the waiting is torture.
  • Options
    They Finally told me to come in and baby was just fine! Strong heartbeat and I was able to see it without a vaginal us. So now we just have to find out what's happening with the bleeding on Wednesday
  • Options
    Thank God, congratulations! May be it's just a SCH, those can cause bleeding. Good luck!
  • Options
    Glad they finally let you come in to check. I hate when they won't see some of because of what is normal. Especially if you have a history of loss, they should be more understanding. Happy that all is well with baby!
  • Options
    Thank you all! I have some comfort that baby had grown and is still alive, but the constant bleeding is driving me crazy on what could be wrong. Hopefully I get some answers on Wednesday.