December 2015 Moms

Somebody please remind me why not to...

hey ladies ive been having some snack cravings for spicy chips and I'm having a hard time talking myself out if a bag of FLAMIN HOT CHEETOS  and Doritos Chili lIme. Remind me again why I shouldnt eat them?

Re: Somebody please remind me why not to...

• Because you don't want to gain unnecessary weight!
  • Because heartburn sucks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Heartburn and sour stomach!
  • CMDDCMDD member
    Because all of those nasty chemicals go to your baby
  • Because they stain your fingers and leave a delicious goo that you have to lick off.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • OMG i'm a flammin hot cheese limon NUT! Like, it's my kryptonite. I actually had to cut myself off even before pregnancy, cause it jacked up my stomach so bad! I would only have maybe 1 small bag every week or two, but everytime I always regretted it. I've come to believe it stripped my stomach lining or something with all the chemicals. BUT IT'S SOOOOO GOOD! Now im the grocery store or gas station I see them and my mouth starts watering and I just have to tell myself no. There is no way in hell whatever is in those are good for baby, possibly even bad! Look it up, the chemicals in FHC release the same brain chemicals related to DRUGS! No wonder I was so addicted. 
  • I wish they still have chili con queso Cheetos......
  • redfallon said:
    Because Flamin Hot Cheetos come out flamin hot, too... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • redfallon said:
    Not from personal experience since I don't like those, but a girl I used to work with liked those and she was scared that she was bleeding out of her behind after eating a lot of those. It was just the dye, but still. I imagine it can't feel good or could be scary when that happens? 

Jamie

• redfallon said:
    redfallon said:
    Not from personal experience since I don't like those, but a girl I used to work with liked those and she was scared that she was bleeding out of her behind after eating a lot of those. It was just the dye, but still. I imagine it can't feel good or could be scary when that happens? 

EW!

• guess il find some Tacos instead.
  • guess il find some Tacos instead.

You can go to Taco Bell for Doritos Locos to at least get your Doritos fix :P

• redfallon said:
    Perhaps, but if you remember what you injested its more like, UGHHHHHH, this is SOO worth it!

• redfallon said:
    Perhaps, but if you remember what you injested its more like, UGHHHHHH, this is SOO worth it!

lol....i feel like there is two little persons sitting on each of my shoulders fighting....lol.....is there something I can take early enough for hearburn?............NO NO NO....Im not gonna do it.......ohhhh that cheesy goodness of spice!! ;-(
  • I had some regular cheetos today :)

Jamie

• I say do it, they sound delicious.
  • Oooo I still eat the pico de gallo flavored lays, and I love the limon kind too! With some tapatio and chamoy!
  • Oooo I still eat the pico de gallo flavored lays, and I love the limon kind too! With some tapatio and chamoy!
    DO NOT GET ME STARTED ON PICO DE GALLO, I CAN JUST EAT THE SALSA ALL DAY WITH MY AUTHENTIC MEXICAN CHIPS WITH GUACAMOLE DIP!!
  • So this might sound totally insane but all the women in my family swear by the spicy labor method lol. When they wanted labor to begin they ate something really spicy and usually within the hour the baby kicked hard enough to break the water. I am not eating anything spicy my entire pregnancy that way when I'm ready to evacuate the baby I can shock it with something spicy and make it get out.....So maybe you could save your cheetos for then?   =) 
  • Prevacid every morning and I those spicy nacho Doritos are heaven. I can find no reason against it momma :)
  • vbrannin2010vbrannin2010 member
    edited July 2015
    Making my mouth water. Unfortunately those suckers burn the hell out of my throat when this HG causes them to come back up. (TMI!)

Eat em all for me, y'all! :((
  • Because you will identify all too much with this

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @breezypip this is me but from the other end. I have been sooooo gassy! Luckily my boyfriend turns it into a competition for the smelliest farts. I win!!!!
  • I used to love flamin' hot Cheetos! Then a saw a video similar to this one.
    Need a torch? Use a Cheeto

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhu2OaPNjAo

Never again! :-S
  • ksrkimksrkim member
    Because you won't be able to stop!!
  • I think eating spicy food before you go into labor is one of the worst ideas ever! It would give "ring of fire" a whole new meaning. 

Jamie

• Because once you start you can't stop!!!!
  • hey ladies ive been having some snack cravings for spicy chips and I'm having a hard time talking myself out if a bag of FLAMIN HOT CHEETOS  and Doritos Chili lIme. Remind me again why I shouldnt eat them?

Baked Flaming Hot Cheetos are delish and baked :)
  • Ooh! Try mclures Bloody Mary flavored chips! If you love spice they're to die for (less artificial coloring ...sooo....healthy?)
  • Cure for cheeto cravings, forget your hands are covered in hand sanitizer and kick the orangey goodness of your fingers. Yup, won't do that again
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD May 2005 MC Nov. 2012
    MC Aug. 2014
    Chemical Feb. 2015
  • dp1320dp1320 member

I went to a Thai restaurant and ordered the spiciest thing on the menu at the end of my pregnancy... I went into labor 2 days later but I don't think it was related.

I also ate eggplant parmesan, made a labor cake and walked til I thought my legs would fall off.

I wanted that kid OUT.

• I went to a Thai restaurant and ordered the spiciest thing on the menu at the end of my pregnancy... I went into labor 2 days later but I don't think it was related.

I also ate eggplant parmesan, made a labor cake and walked til I thought my legs would fall off.

I wanted that kid OUT.

What was he doing that you wanted him out so bad?
  • Lol is this your first? I was told having sex would make me go into labor, I was single and wondered if it was worth it to BEG someone to sleep with me to get things moving. I was huge, swollen, uncomfortable, and wth the pups I felt like I had head to toe poison ivy. I wanted that kid out BAD
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD May 2005 MC Nov. 2012
    MC Aug. 2014
    Chemical Feb. 2015
  • nik6499 said:

Lol is this your first? I was told having sex would make me go into labor, I was single and wondered if it was worth it to BEG someone to sleep with me to get things moving. I was huge, swollen, uncomfortable, and wth the pups I felt like I had head to toe poison ivy. I wanted that kid out BAD

Yes this is my first. When did it began to be unbearable for you? Is the third trimester hard?
  • The last month really got bad. For some people it's fine, for others it's more trying. I really don't remember that feeling before the last month or so
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD May 2005 MC Nov. 2012
    MC Aug. 2014
    Chemical Feb. 2015
  • mbhurst1 said:
    Because you don't want to gain unnecessary weight!
    Of course, you won't gain weight from one bag of chips either.