February 2016 Moms
Options

8 week ultrasound --wait is torture after m/c!!

On my first pregnancy 5 years ago I waited until my first OB appointment at 8 weeks thinking I was free and clear because I had no bleeding or serious cramping-- just to find two empty sacs that never developed an embryo. I didn't realize at that time that this was a possibility so I was pretty devastated and surprised to learn I was not actually going to have a baby.

Now, I'm 7 weeks two days and will be going in next Wednesday for my appointment and I can't help but be pessimistic/ weary of the results. I did go on to have a successful pregnancy after that first m/c, but the anxiety of it all never subsides. This feels like the longest month ever waiting! I guess that first experience has tainted my pregnancy emotions forever.

Re: 8 week ultrasound --wait is torture after m/c!!

• Options
    Best wishes for happy news on your ultrasound. I think once you've had a loss, especially a missed miscarriage, that fear will always be there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have any advice other than to say nothing you did caused what happened 5 years ago. It's hard to move on from the experience of a miscarriage. But hopefully next week you will get to see your little one and hear it's heartbeat and that will make you feel much better.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Prayers coming your way for the time to pass quickly and a wonderful ultrasound!!
  • Options
    I know exactly what you're going through. I found out too that I had miscarried at my ultrasound appointment back in February 2015. I was so confused as to why the ultrasound tech. wasn't telling me anything and told me to wait until she was finished to explain why the screen didn't seem to show anything. Now I'm 5 weeks along and I'm trying to not even think about the baby until I see an ultrasound with him/her in it. I sincerely hope and pray that we both are able to get through this and enjoy the life that's inside of us once we get past that milestone :) *hugs*
  • Options
    I agree. My last pregnancy baby stopped growing around 8.5 weeks. So I have an ultrasound at 9 weeks this time. That's not till July 13. Time is dragging.
  • Options
    bbax44bbax44 member
    I had my first us today after 2 previous losses was nerve racking. The us machine was crappy and really fuzzy but i saw a little peanut with a heartbeat, mind is at ease but I'm only 7w4d and i lost my first at 8w5d. She ordered me another dating us as soon as they can get me in. Praying baby sticks!!
  • Options
    T&Ps for a great ultrasound!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    moomeemoomee member
    I'm 7w3d and I'm still waiting on my medicaid. I had a miscarriage in early April and the wait is killing me!
    Mama Bear to Ollie, Leilah, and Lennon. Pregnant with Little Moo 2.0 (our rainbow baby). Due 02/14/2016.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Same happened with us. Found out at our first us at 9.5 weeks that baby stopped growing at 6.5 weeks. I not have my first reg appointment thursday at 6 weeks, and will hopefully have an us two weeks after, since we will be away. Hoping this works out for you, and I understand the stress of the waiting game. Thinking of you at this stressful time, and all of you ladies!