Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Getting into the habit: temping

I'm a newbie when it comes to this! For the past week or so I've been setting my alarm to an earlier time in the morning to try and remember to take my temp. This morning I woke up from the alarm definitely forgetting what it was for, and halfway to the bathroom to go pee--D'OH!! :(

From what I've read, you're not supposed to get up before taking your temp. This has happened to me more than once now, and every time I want to jump back into bed and take my temp real quick lol. How much does this activity affect your accuracy when it comes to charting? If I went back to bed for an hour, could I take it then? Sorry if these questions are trivial. Thanks! :)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Getting into the habit: temping

• Options
    I have also put post it note over the numbers on my clock. I always look at the time when I wake up. So that works.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    I second the hair tie and phone method. It has helped me be much more consistent with the time I take my temperature. It is recommended that you've slept for at least 3 hours before taking you temperature. I'm a really light sleeper and my husband gets up for work 2 hours before I do, and it never fails that I wake up for 5 or 10 minutes, so I take it at that time to be more accurate. 

Me: 24
    DH: 24
    Married: August 2013
    TTC:April 2015

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you done to FF tutorials?  You should temp after have 3 hours of sleep (so jumping in bed for an hour won't get it).  Go ahead and temp and just put a note that you got up (you should be able to see how that affects your temps, after several times).  We all have off times that we screw up.  Rubber band the thermometer to the cell phone/alarm clock. 
  • Options
    I had to change my alarm sound because it was one of those annoying ones. I had to change it to a softer tone, that way I would not jump out of bed to turn it off. It has worked surprisingly well. I also just place my thermometer on my cell phone screen. I tend to sleep on my side or my stomach so that I do not expend much energy grabbing the thermometer.
  • Options
    I just keep the thermometer on top of my alarm clock. In order to hit the off button (or let's be real, snooze) I have to move the thing! 
  • Options
    Wow thanks so much ladies!! I will definitely be trying the hair-tie the BBT to my phone method. Glad to know I'm not alone in this! My alarm and I are NOT friends haha!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers