Cincinnati Babies

St. E? Love it? Hate it? Why?

I am 10 weeks today and I my OB is women's health St. E. People keep telling me how Christ was great and St. E is terrible and I am stressing over changing OB's or sticking with the one I have. I really like the practice and they have been really great. Also, when I get to St. E Edgewood, it looked really nice and clean. I was just hoping to get opinions about St. E. Would you deliver there? Would you recommend I switch? Thanks!

Re: St. E? Love it? Hate it? Why?

• I live 5 mins from a st Elizabeth and I still choose to drive almost 40 mins to Norwood to see my OB with christ hospital. My best friend delivered her baby at st e and the way she was treated by the nurses was terrible. I refuse to have my baby at st e. But that is my personal opinion. Your expirence might be completely different. :)
  • I live in Florence and drive to Montgomery Rd to see my OB. I've also been going there since I was in my early 20s, so I know and trust them.
     My SIL had her son at St. E Edgewood and although the rooms looked nice, I have never really heard great things about St. E. Also, I know a few years ago, a doctor came in intoxicated and delivered a baby. The doctor broke the baby's arm. I'm not risking it. I don't know who the doctor was and I'm assuming they don't work there any longer, but that was enough for me.

If you know and trust your doctor, then stick with them. If you're doubting them then make an appointment with another office and get a feel for them, you can always switch back.
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I had a great experience!! My nurses were great. Rooms were spacious. Love my doctor so I wanted to stay there. I'll be going there again with baby 2
  • I choose good Sam because they have the highest level of NICU which St E doesn't. Hopefully I won't ever need it but I can't imagine being separated from my baby.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • A lot of doctors with Christ Hospital are now a part of TriHealth. This switch has many OBs delivering at Bethesda North instead.
  • I choose good Sam because they have the highest level of NICU which St E doesn't. Hopefully I won't ever need it but I can't imagine being separated from my baby.
    St. E actually has a level 4 NICU, which is the same level as Good Sam's NICU. I believe the only hospital in the area with a higher level is Children's.