March 2015 Moms

Anyone's baby not rolling over yet?

hi all! My Zoey is 15w today and she still hasn't rolled over yet. She looks like she's about to (for a few weeks now) but doesn't roll over on her own. I've rolled her over when she's so close to see if she gets the hang of it but no luck. I know all babies develop on their own time but just want to be sure I shouldn't be worried.

Thanks all!

Re: Anyone's baby not rolling over yet?

• Mine is also nearly 15 weeks and not rolling over... Not even once yet! He does turn on his side and reach for things so hopefully it'll happen soon!
  • Mine will be 16 weeks tomorrow and has never rolled over. I'm not too concerned!
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine isn't rolling over either and she's 15 weeks. I was getting worried, because everyone on here seems like their babies have been for forever now. This post puts my mind at ease. My doctor I should expect her to start rolling at 12. I have her appointment tomorrow though. I'll let you guys know what he says :)
  • @EricandKaren @Erika161 Thank you, you have given me peace of mind. @mamaskittles09 Thank you so much, gives me peace of mind! Yes, please if you could write back what dr says that'd be so helpful. I have my next appt 2nd week of July so I'll also talk to dr then but would love to know any news before that.

Thanks all!
  • Mummy0315Mummy0315 member
    edited June 2015
    My son hasn't rolled over yet either! He rolls onto his side but he won't roll onto his tummy from his back/side or vise versa. He also kicks with his legs and skoots with his bum to turn him around in a full circle to face the opposite direction but still won't roll over! As of Saturday, he turned 14 weeks.
  • Mine is 16 weeks and still not doing it either.
  • Uhhhh. No worries. My LO is four months and still a little lazy butt. No rolling or anything! I'm not worried, she was also a month early so I figure she gets some leeway. If you are super concerned, bring it up at your next visit. Odds are the pediatrician will tell you not to worry.
  • My 14 week old isn't either and I'm not worried - she knows what she wants to do and gets frustrated, and will also roll on to her side. It'll happen, she just needs to do it one day. Don't compare your children to others because every child is different. As long as they're going in the right direction, it'll come!
  • Mine is 12 weeks and has only rolled over twice when I wasn't looking. One of those times was in the middle of the night and I found her sleeping face down in her bed
  • Mine is 15 weeks and not rolling over at all. To be honest I'm a little glad as I know that will bring with it a whole new set of anxieties. Got my 4 month check next week though so I too will be checking on it.
  • CG79CG79 member
    Mine is 15 weeks today and isn't rolling over yet but he's so close sometimes...don't think you need to be concerned yet
  • Mine is 15 weeks and rolled from tummy to back yesterday once but that is all (might have been an accident). They are on track according to the link posted above :)

"Your baby may be able to kick himself over, from his tummy to his back, as early as age 4 months. It may take him until he's about 5 or 6 months to flip from back to front, though, because he needs stronger neck and arm muscles for that maneuver."
  • My son will be 15 weeks tomorrow and does not roll. He sometimes will roll onto his side and can twist his upper body, but hasn't rolled over. I'm not too worried about it but feel better that he doesn't seem to be behind!
  • 17 weeks Tuesday for us and she hasn't rolled over. Same as everyone else, you can tell she wants to, she'll roll to her side but can't seem to get the momentum to push herself over. She also can scoot with her legs and holds her head up well, just working on the kick and holding our head up when we move!
  • My son is 17 weeks today and still not rolling over. Going to ask the doc at his next appt, but not too concerned about it :)
  • My doctor said all babies develop at different speeds and it's not a worry as of yet. Just let them have plenty of tummy time so they can practice.
  • My daughter is 15 weeks today. She's currently rolled over twice now from back to front, both times not being able to get her other arm from under herself as if she's about to crawl. She first rolled when she was 3 months 1 week old and she didn't do it again until 2 weeks later! Every baby is different and there's no need to be concerned. They will get there once they're ready :)
  • My daughter is 17 weeks today, still not rolling over.  She tries to, but nothing yet.  I'm not worried.  My son was about 5 months old when he rolled (I didn't think he was a roller either until I heard a 'thud' and he was off the bed).  They all do things in their own time.  Pretty soon they'll be completely mobile & we'll be wishing we could put them somewhere & they wouldn't move, just to get something done. :)
  • rmckenna said:

My daughter is 17 weeks today, still not rolling over.  She tries to, but nothing yet.  I'm not worried.  My son was about 5 months old when he rolled (I didn't think he was a roller either until I heard a 'thud' and he was off the bed).  They all do things in their own time.  Pretty soon they'll be completely mobile & we'll be wishing we could put them somewhere & they wouldn't move, just to get something done. :)

Hahaha! I love how nonchalant you are about your son rolling off the bed. The first time it happened with my daughter I totally flipped out! To all the FTM, this does happen... so be careful! :D

You are also SPOT ON about putting them somewhere and getting things done. I fondly recall the days of putting my oldest in one spot and her STAYING PUT. Nowadays she's making a mess, coloring her hands and face, opening drawers, driving me bananas! Enjoy every moment mommies, they grow so fast!!!
  • My baby is 4 months and hasn't rolled either
  • @KD32412 - I'm pretty nonchalant about him falling off the bed now, but when he did it, I felt HORRIBLE!  Then I had to take him into daycare & explain why a bruise might start to appear on his face.  He was fine though.
  • @rmckenna Me too! First time I was like "Omg!!! I damaged you!!!" I was so worried she had a concussion! I cried and felt like a horrible mother. Her bed is only a foot of the carpeted floor. Nowadays when she rolls off, I'm like "You ok? Go back sleep." Hahahaha!!!!
  • My son started rooming over at 3 months until he rolled of the couch because I forgot to tell his dad he could roll and baby rolled since. I think he's scared to now

BFP 7/4/2014 EDD 3/9/2015
  • You guys are all so funny! As a FTM, I would probably be rushing my daughter to the ER thinking her little brain was damaged if she fell off my bed or the couch. I'm glad to hear that this does and happen and they will most likely be fine. My baby is like a turtle on her back-- no way is she going anywhere. At 17 weeks she is not anywhere close to rolling over yet.
  • @mamaskittles09 my baby is the same way!! He's 17 weeks and does act just like a turtle! Glad I'm not the only one!