December 2015 Moms
Options

Amnio tomorrow - need calming advice

So I have an amnio scheduled for tomorrow morning and I'm extremely nervous. What are things I can take before I go to make me out of it? I was thinking about taking unisom. How many unisoms does it take to make you out of it? I want to be so relaxed that I'm just like "whatever!" . Advice please!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Amnio tomorrow - need calming advice

• Options
    BostonBaby1BostonBaby1 member
    edited June 2015
    I think that you can safely take Tylenol PM. All that is is Tylenol and Benadryl. Come to think of it, you can probably skip the Tylenol and just take the Benadryl.

* edited to add that you have been in my thoughts and prayers and I will be thinking of you until we hear from you tomorrow. (((Hugs)))
  • Options
    @BostonBaby1 Thanks!! I'm worried Benadryl isn't strong enough!! Isn't unisom stronger?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know Benadryl normally knocks me out, I wonder if you called the doctors office and told them how nervous you are if they might be able to give you something? This is totally different but when I got lasik they offered very nervous patients Valium. Best of luck, my thoughts are with you!
  • Options
    rmj28rmj28 member
    I was just thinking about you. I'm traveling today but I'll text you in the morning. ❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    I think I have some loratabs. Maybe I should take those?

• Options
    Ok thanks guys!! Calling doctor's office now!

• Options
    Good luck tomorrow!! (((hugs)))
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I guess it would depend upon how much you take ;-)
  • Options
    Ok the nurse said take Benadryl. She said unisom won't work. I'm thinking I might take one hydro too.

• Options
    Thinking of you! I don't know what you can take but Benadryl seems ok. Are they giving you anything during the procedure? I know it's easier said than done, but calming breaths. And try to stay hopeful and positive. We're all here for you. 
  • Options
    koala1107koala1107 member
    edited June 2015
    No actual advice unfortunately but want to let you know I'm thinking of you and you're in my prayers! Best of luck tomorrow!
  • Options
    Sending positive vibes your way! I hope and pray you receive good news.  Keep us updated!
  • Options
    CMDDCMDD member

I know Benadryl normally knocks me out, I wonder if you called the doctors office and told them how nervous you are if they might be able to give you something? This is totally different but when I got lasik they offered very nervous patients Valium. Best of luck, my thoughts are with you!

Totally agree. DH says anything he would prescribe you for that you can take while pregnant. He says breathing and visualization work really well.
  • Options
    Lots and lots of positive thoughts coming your way!!!!!!  Keep us posted!!  ((hugs))
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Me:34      DH:41      1 son: 6       2 step sons: 18, 12

BFP: 4/24/08 - Missed Miscarriage found 5/29/08

BFP: 11/21/08 - DS born 7/13/09

BFP:5/8/14  - Chemical pregnancy

BFP: 4/11/15....stick baby stick!!!

• Options
    No advice. Just want to wish you the best and I'll be thinking about you. Please keep us updated if you wish.
    Due 11.16.17
    Baby Girl 12.9.15
    MC 2.1.15 @ 5 W - Chemical
    MC 4.7.14 @ 21 W - Turners Syndrome

• Options
    taysuntaysun member
    Just want you know I am thinking of you, and I wish you and your family all the best tomorrow. Hopefully you can spend the night relaxing tonight to help prepare yourself.
  • Options
    Thinking of you! You will be in my prayers!
  • Options
    Thinking of you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Thinking of you! I don't know what you can take but Benadryl seems ok. Are they giving you anything during the procedure? I know it's easier said than done, but calming breaths. And try to stay hopeful and positive. We're all here for you. 

No they won't give me anything during the procedure :( I just have to figure it out on my own I guess lol. I think I'm just going to take a hydro and a Benadryl. Hopefully I'm relaxed and out of it!!!

• Options
    Thank you for all the positive thoughts and prayers y'all! ❤️

• Options
    I don't have any advice I just want you to know that I'm thinking of you and will be thinking of you tomorrow too. I hope all goes well.. hugs!
  • Options
    azimumazimum member
    Prayers, positive thoughts and virtual hugs your way! Please keep us posted!
  • Options
    Hugs! >:D<
  • Options
    Im sorry i dont have any advice but just wanted to wish you luck. You will be fine fingers crossed you get some positive news
  • Options
    BP1979BP1979 member
    Thinking of you and hope everything goes smoothly. How long will it be after the amnio before you find out results?
  • Options
    BP1979 said:

Thinking of you and hope everything goes smoothly. How long will it be after the amnio before you find out results?

Apparently 2-3 long weeks! Ugh

• Options
    I've been thinking about you and sending good thoughts your way since you found out. To bad you can't just get drunk or high before you go in. Hehe keep us posted. Sending you lots of love.
  • Options
    Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you!
  • Options
    amw2133 said:

I've been thinking about you and sending good thoughts your way since you found out. To bad you can't just get drunk or high before you go in. Hehe keep us posted. Sending you lots of love.

Hahaha right?!! That would be perfect! This is how I want to be! --

• Options
    Good luck! For the record, unisom puts me to sleep, but doesn't make me out of it. I think you're safe with Benadryl. Hopefully it's painless and quick. I'll be thinking about you!
  • Options
    I don't have any advice but I'll be praying for you and sending lots of positive thoughts! :)
  • Options
    Good luck today - let us know how it goes. 
  • Options
    Hope all goes well today. I'll be sending positive vibes your way
  • Options
    LMH72LMH72 member
    Good luck! Sending positive thoughts your way!
  • Options
    Good luck today I am thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers!!
  • Options
    Thinking of you and sending you lots of love!
  • Options
    dp1320dp1320 member
    Good luck - will be thinking of you!
  • Options
    313Meg313Meg member
    Thinking about you!! Good luck!
  • Options
    Best of luck today!
  • Options
    Thinking of you today.... Lots of positive thoughts and prayer!!