December 2015 Moms
Options

round ligament pain -- more severe than I would have thought

hi, everyone -- is anyone experiencing round ligament pains yet? I'm at 16.5 weeks, and although most of the online posts I have read describe it as a sharp, quick pain, my doctor says it can also be a longer, consistent pain or soreness that lasts up to a few days at a time. it feels more like gas than cramps, but I feel like any pain at this point is so nerve wracking. anyway, just checking in and curious if anyone else has them.

Re: round ligament pain -- more severe than I would have thought

• Options
    I'm almost 14 weeks and I've had them for a few weeks, both sharp stabbing and a sharpish cramping that's somewhat difficult to deacribe. I especially get them from standing up too fast and twisting at the same time or getting out of the car. I keep having to remind myself it's normal because pain never feels like a normal thing, but I've been reassured many times by my midwife so I try not to worry.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    I'm not sure if mine is normal or not but I'm 17 weeks and feel aches and pains more. It's been sharp a few times, but most often I just have a dull ache across my stomach that can last a few minutes to most of the day. It's never terrible, so I try to think it is normal. Hopefully some STMs+ can give you a better idea, but I wanted you to know you are not alone. :)

Edit because I didn't mean to select the laughing face. Oops!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies. Yes, no pain seems normal, that's for sure! Today is especially bad, it feels like I pulled a muscle, but through most of my stomach. So frustrating!
  • Options
    I've been getting them for a couple of weeks now. I get them on my sides/lower stomach, and it usually happens when I get out of bed too quickly and then goes away. Sorry to hear that you're having a hard time today! Hope it calms down soon!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I first felt them around 13 weeks.. just twinges here and there. Then 16.5 weeks was exactly when they got a little stronger! I had about 2 days where it felt pretty constant in my sides and down low.. the sharp stabbing feeling didn't last too terribly long, it would come and go, but I just had soreness that was pretty constant. It really stressed me out and made me anxious! But then it went away, and about a day after it stopped, I noticed that my belly was noticeably bigger! The joys of growing a baby!
  • Options
    lalg28lalg28 member
    13.5 weeks here and I've had them for a couple weeks already. I'm not so excited to hear they get worse lol. My OB said some women have them more than others. We're just the luck ones..
  • Options
    My doctor said that stretching, quick and sharp pains are normal. The only thing you should be concerned with is if it feels like diarrhea cramps or bad period cramps!
  • Options
    asc88asc88 member
    Yep! 17 weeks tomorrow and they started about 1 1/2 weeks ago. It usually happens when I stand up too quickly and I'll feel like a tightening and then sharp pain that lasts about 10 seconds or so..some are worse and longer than others..
  • Options
    I'm at 17 weeks too and this week has been rough!!! It feels like severe cramps mixed with sharp pains here and there. Seriously crampy
  • Options
    I started getting those around 13 weeks. I'll be 16 weeks Friday. Usually get them when standing up quickly or twisting suddenly. They pass pretty quick though. I also get period like cramps which my doctor said are totally normal n just uterus stretching n pushing everything out of the way. They normally get worse if I have to pee or when I haven't drank enough. Try drinking more water. See if that helps.
  • Options
    MINE WERE SOOO BAD! Last week around when I was 15w5d, I got hit hard with these. 4 straight days of near constant cramps, then the dull pain ache in between. I was actually curled up in a ball crying one night. My ob just kept saying ..."well they shouldn't be that bad!" and she ran a bunch of tests (UTI, constipation, dehydration, infectious disease, etc.). Nothin' but round ligament pain. They finally subsided, went away, and I was left with a deep muscle ache for another day or so. But they did pass and I'm good (for now), thankfully.
  • Options
    tetchytetchy member
    edited June 2015
    I get the stretchy, crampy, sore feeling often.  But, I also get the quick stab sometimes.  Especially when I sneeze.  Ouch!!
  • Options
    My ligament pain had me hunched over for 2 days... Im 14 weeks it feels like ive been doing too many situps and i pulled every stomach muscle I have
  • Options
    Yup!  I get them a lot plus a lot of pain in my hips!  I can barely sleep anymore it hurts so bad.  I remember having this before with my other pregnancy and it lasted the whole way through! :-S
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Me:34      DH:41      1 son: 6       2 step sons: 18, 12

BFP: 4/24/08 - Missed Miscarriage found 5/29/08

BFP: 11/21/08 - DS born 7/13/09

BFP:5/8/14  - Chemical pregnancy

BFP: 4/11/15....stick baby stick!!!

• Options
    At 16w, I'm still crampy from time-to-time. I went to maternity chiro last week and she said my round ligament was really tight and did some stretching to relieve it. I am supposed to go for tummy massage on Fri but have to re-sch because my dad is having surgery tomorrow (wasn't expecting them to get the surgery scheduled so soon). I haven't had the sharp pains yet...that sounds like something to look forward too, NOT!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    So I think I have been experiencing this too just don't remember them this bad with my other 2 pregnancies. If I cough or sneeze especially at night it feels like my lower abdominal muscle are ripping in half is this similar to what some of you are feeling??
  • Options
    YES! I get them too. I was told my endometriosis would go into remission during my pregnancy, but these pains are almost just as bad as my endo pains! Lol. :((
  • Options
    I'm 17 weeks today and I feel that last night it was really strong but it went away for awhile
  • Options
    17 and 1 day
    feeling constantly achey. Fun fun. My husband must feel like he is having sex with an old lady
  • Options
    I'm 13 weeks today and I experienced them last night for the first time. They definitely were not like cramps, these were a lot lower. When I moved or switched positions it was like a jab in my lower tummy. They started at about 7 pm and didn't go away until 10 or so... I finally found a position that was comfortable and I fell asleep. Hoping they do not get worse.. I did not like that at all..
  • Options
    When I cough it feels like I'm getting stabbed but my OB said it's normal.
    Plus side: I had an ultrasound today and I coughed a ton and it looked like the baby did the wave.
  • Options
    I had them at 12w...only lasted 2 or 3 days, but I was convinced it was constipation because it was my lower left abdomen, almost in my groin. When I had an ultrasound during those few days and she pushed down near it, I thought I was going to jump off the table! Doctor said it was totally normal. Don't worry!