TTC After a Loss

2 week wait anxiety

Anyone else waiting? This was the first time trying after MMC in March. I have been so ready to get pregnant again, but I'm terrified it's going to take an eternity, or that it won't end well. I'm currently a week away from my expected AF...and gosh, I hate this waiting period! With my previous pregnancy, I took a test 5 days before (i couldn't wait any longer!) my period and got a very dark positive...I'm anxious to test early again...I know I should just wait though. Gah, torture!

Re: 2 week wait anxiety

• oohliviaoohlivia member
    edited June 2015
    @bntfroggie Fingers crossed for you!! I'd love to hear some good news, even if it's not my own! 
  • Loading the player...
  • TTW is awful.  I'm 5 days away from my period due date and not sure what to think.  Every little twinge, either I want to cry because I think my period's on its way, or I get excited thinking it's a pregnancy symptom.  Heck, the baby might have not even implanted yet.
  • Good luck, ladies! I'm waiting for AF to start TTC next cycle, after mc a few weeks ago. Hoping y'all get your BFPs so you can spread the good luck next month :) 

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• I'm only 2 dpo. Waiting for my third day of higher temps tomorrow to confirm o and I'm already looking at the calendar counting down till I can pee on something. This is going to be a rough TWW. Either way I'm going to be scared or upset. Scared if I get a + and upset if my cycle comes.
  • I'm doing what I said I would not do...analyzing every "symptom"! I had cramping two days ago, acne, and I'm super fatigued...Why did God have to make period symptoms so similar to early pregnancy symptoms!? 
  • I am on 10 DPO. First ttc after MC on April. I am impatient and checked yestery morning got BFN. So now waiting for tomorrow or Wednesday. My period is due on 24th. I have fatigue and start gomiting on last Tuesday and Wednesday. Now it is fatigue and pushing pain under vagina with lower abdominal pain. I am curious and anxiety. Hope this will be good month for me.
  • Looks like I am loosing this time too. What a unfortunate... Two mc in one year. What is next step? My ob said she wants me to go to ER and get blood test n Ultrasound. I don't want to go to ER. I am going to wait n see, if this is period or not. I have sever cramping and light brown spotting.
    So, if this is a MC, what is my next step. Do you think I need to see fertility doc or talk to my ob again.
  • sammysl said:
    Looks like I am loosing this time too. What a unfortunate... Two mc in one year. What is next step? My ob said she wants me to go to ER and get blood test n Ultrasound. I don't want to go to ER. I am going to wait n see, if this is period or not. I have sever cramping and light brown spotting. So, if this is a MC, what is my next step. Do you think I need to see fertility doc or talk to my ob again.
    Based on what you posted the other day about your timing, and that you got a negative test result a few days ago, I would imagine that this is unfortunately AF rearing her ugly head (fatigue/pain/cramping/spotting all normal AF symptoms) right on schedule.

But I'm certainly not an expert. If you believe that you are pregnant and possibly having a mc, do another hpt. I would think that if you were in fact pregnant - whether or not you were in the process of having a mc - you would get a BFP. If it's still negative, you're not pregnant at this time.

TTC #1 --- BFP #1 5/15, loss at 5 weeks --- BFP #2 12/15, loss at 4+3 --- RE testing 3/16 normal, still trying for our rainbow    

• Agreed with above... if you were pregnant, the test would have come back positive, even if it did turn out to be a MC. But, if this was the first time around TTC after a loss, it at least gives you a starting point for a new cycle. That's how I'm looking at mine and it helps to stay positive. 
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• I guess I am confused why you think it is another miscarriage and not your period? If it is coming on the day of your period and you got a BFN, I would say it's most likely AF. Did you take another test and get a BFP?
  • @oohlivia AF reared her ugly head on vacation. I have my fx that you had better luck than I this month.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • @bntfroggie - so rude of AF to come on vacation!!  >:P  I hope you're somewhere lovely, though, and enjoying your trip!

• I also had a MMC in March. We lost the baby at 12 weeks so I had to get a D&C done. Currently in the 2ww. And will hopefully test on the 3rd of July if AF doesn't show! 9 more days but feels like forever away.

Did your period change after your d&c? My cycles were 31 days and now I'm having a 26 day cycle, which is so weird for me!!

Fingers crossed and baby dust to all!!
  • @myndihallberg It didn't change at all actually, it was exactly like nothing ever happened...besides the fact that it took 8 weeks after the d&c for it to come.
  • @bntfroggie So sorry AF came, praying for next time!!! Enjoy your vacation and relax!
  • @oohlivia CONGRATS!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND YOUR NEW JOURNEY!! Hoping all is well!!
  • Congratulations @oohlivia!! Fx all goes well for you. :)
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• @oohlivia, congrats! Agh i'm only 4 DPO :( so much waiting!
  • Congratulations!!!! Thanks for your good thoughts hope to be joining you soon
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • oohlivia said:
    And...I don't know if this is going to stick or not, but I tested five days before AF and got a faint line, then today AF was due, got a BFP. I can't believe it, doesn't even feel real. I'm choosing to be excited instead of fearful. Praying that you all have luck on your next try!!
    WHOOP!!!!!!! So exciting. 
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hi I am sammsl with different account now.
    Yeah you all are correct. It was AF with bad cramping. So this is my 2nd TTC after MC in April. I had flashing smile on clearblue on Saturday and two solid smiles on Sunday and Monday. I checked today morning and saw just a circle. So, am I ovulated or not?
    Congratulations to all BFP ladies. :x
  • Congrats on the BFP!! I'm 11 DPO so I've got a few more days to wait :)