TTC After a Loss
Options

First month trying after D&C...need advice

I had a D&C in March and had some complications during the surgery. Our baby had a very rare chromosomal issue called full trisomy nine. We lost our baby at 12 weeks, same day as the ultrasound and no heartbeat, and got the d&c the next day. I ended up having to stay in the hospital for 2 nights, I received 2 units of blood after bleeding out, and was on like 4 different pain killers including morphine, toradol and others (which my doctor gave me and I didn't request.) After I got out of the hospital, I was throwing up from withdrawal and had to go to the ER for a possible blood clot in my lung, common after a blood transfusion, so it was a difficult time. Now three months later we have the go to start again and I'm really hoping for a BFP this month. I just think with how bad everything went I won't get pregnant. What has your D&C experience been and do you have any advice on starting again?

Re: First month trying after D&C...need advice

• Options
    I am very sorry for your loss and for all you went through after. I had a D&C on May 1st and everything went well, but the baby stopped developing at 6 weeks so it was a very simple procedure. I waited until my first AF before trying and decided to use an OPK to help. Before getting pregnant we had been trying for 5 months without success until I started using an OPK. With it I got pregnant right away, so I would definitely recommend using one. Mine actually said I am ovulating today, so I hope it will go well :). I wish you all the best!!