Nurseries and Baby Gear

Bugaboo Bee 3 or Uppababy Cruz?

Hi all, soon to be FTM and I have narrowed down my stroller choice to the Bugaboo Bee 3 or Uppababy Cruz. Does anyone have experience with both or either and have any opinions?

Thanks!

Re: Bugaboo Bee 3 or Uppababy Cruz?

• I've never owned either but have spent waaay too much time researching strollers at this point (for us it's between the Bee and the Uppababy vista.)  I obviously can't tell you which to buy, especially without knowing what sort of things you'll need it for (paved sidewalks, in and out of a car, travel, etc.) but the few things have been big considerations for us:

1.  Do you need to use the stroller in the winter?  The Bee is pretty lower to the ground and some reviews mentioned this was a problem with snow.
    2.  Could you need to add an additional seat/ kid to it?  I don't think you can add another seat with the cruz, just the scooter attachment.
    3.  If you live near a buy buy baby etc. I would see if you can test them out (and in particular lift them) in person.  The Bee is 19 pounds and the Cruz is 22nd.  For me, the cruz was too heavy to deal with on subway stairs on my own (if we get the vista we would also have to get a g-Luxe stroller for things like that.)  I found the Bee a little easier but still difficult.  

Good luck!
  • I'd suggest the Cruz. The Bee felt flimsy when I saw it at the store. I love the Cruz, wish we got one!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I owned the Vista and currently have a Bugaboo Bee. I live in NYC and love my Bee much more. It's lighter and has a very smooth ride.The only thing I miss about my Uppababy is the basket below.
  • I've had the Uppal baby Cruz for 2 years now and love it! Easy for me to get around, decent size basket. I looked at the Bee and wanted to love it, but my DD screamed bloody murder when we tried it in the store on 3 separate occasions. It is very low to the ground compared to the Cruz. I also feel like the hood was flimsy. When I bought it, there was also a very large (to the tune of 300 or 400 dollars) price difference between the two strollers. Not sure if the Cruz went up in price after the 2015 model upgrade.

DOR and AMA
    2/12-5/12: 4 IUI cycles = all BFN;
    7/12: DE IVF # 1 (with ICSI)- 20R, 16M, 14F, 5DT of 2 blasts; 6 frosties = BFN;
    Lupus anticoagulant initially high, then found to be normal on hematology consult;
    Follow up testing in September all clear;
    Started synthroid for "high normal" TSH;
    FET # 1- late October 2012- BFP on FRER; beta # 1- 21(low), beta # 2- 48 (still low), beta # 3- 132, beta # 4- 1,293; beta # 5- 5,606; last beta- over 100,000. First u/s 11/21- heard heartbeat
    12/12- Officially an OB patient!
    Level 2 ultrasound at 20 weeks shows vasa previa and VCI
    Referral to MFM and mandatory c section for delivery
    Beautiful baby girl born at 34 weeks
    Finally home after 15 day NICU stay!
    Trying for sibling: FET # 2- May 2014; beta 5/31, BFN
    FET #3, early July 2014; beta 7/14, BFN
    DE IVF # 2- August 2014; 14R, 13M, 11F, 5dt of 2 blasts (3 AA), 5 frosties = BFN
    FET #4- December 2014, yet another BFN

Dr. KK work up shows borderline uterine blood flow, elevated NK cells, and MTHFR mutation (homozygous for c677t)

Added baby aspirin, prednisone, supplements, Metanx, and intralipids

Switched to large clinic for final attempt; had endometrial receptivity testing in January; FET March 2015 = yet another BFN

Likely OAD- NBC