Options

Weekly appointments thread

klkonwiklkonwi member
edited June 2015 in June 2015 Moms
Share your progress ...... Or anything that happened at your appts

Re: Weekly appointments thread

• Options
    @klkonwi YASSSSS! So happy for you!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @klkonwi YAY, that's exciting. Hopefully the inducing process won't take as long now!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Sammy K That's awesome girl! Hopefully you wont need to be induced and baby will decide to join the world soon :)

• Options
    @rachelkaylene I appreciate the support but I most definitely want to be induced. DS came in less than 2 hours total labor and I cannot fathom going through that again, faster. I'm pretty sure she'll be here this week, I'm just hoping she comes in a calm, manageable way.
  • Options
    I got a membrane sweep today (38 weeks), but apparently the contractions I was experiencing early this morning (before my appt) were due to dehydration and the doctor said my BP was a little low, so I have to up my water intake. Not much else to report
  • Options
    40+4. Had my NST appointment. Was my first time.. Kinda neat. I didnt know id be reclining and comfy. After about half way through.. I realised there was "something" going on. Nurse kept taking my chart and mentioning me during phone call. Turns out there was a problem with the reading of lil guys heartbeat. !!!!
  • Options
    I'm 38.6 weeks, had my appointment this morning. No contractions and im not dilated. Dr said if I don't go into labor by next Tuesday the 22, I'm getting induced. :-<
  • Options
    2cm & 70% at 40+3 induction set for Friday early morning. Going in Thursday night to do some balloon catheter thing. Hoping it does its job so I won't have to have the pitocin Friday morning! [-O<
  • Options
    @mvargas12 if we are both anxious while there I'm sure we will be up bumping at each other!!!
  • Options
    Had my 38 week appointment today, Dr. said I'm still closed up tight but am 'softening nicely' no percentages or anything. It would have been nice to hear that I've dilated at least a little bit though :(
  • Options
    ElRubyElRuby member
    @alcrimmins I had the balloon catheter.... It worked really well... My doctor wouldn't let me have an epidural until after balloon came out (it dilates you to about 5) so that was a real bummer but it did it's job!
  • Options
    @ElRuby did the balloon catheter hurt without an epidural?
  • Options
    @mvargas12 It hurts my patients a lot.
    Just throwing that out there.
  • Options
    @klkonwi that's what I thought. I mean, it makes sense that it'd hurt- you're being forced open.

Idk that I'd be able to do it without an epidural, I'm a HUGE baby when it comes to pain.... I say as I can go into labor literally any time now.

@ElRuby why didn't your doctor let you have an epidural beforehand, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    @mvargas12 my patients usually dont complain about it too much and often just take some Benadryl, sleep, and it falls out in the morning. It depends how much water they're inflating the balloon with. Usually just starts some cramping, but sometimes throws you into labor which is nice :). We never allow epidurals until the balloon is out because it is placed on our high risk obstetrical unit where you stay until it comes out and you go to the labor floor for pitocin.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    Just had weekly appointment. Still 1cm, 60% effaced. Due date is tomorrow! Really hoping baby decides to come soon
  • Options
    Does this hand/arm by his face look weird to you, or am I just an inexperienced FTM?
  • Options
    ElRubyElRuby member
    mvargas12 said:

@ElRuby did the balloon catheter hurt without an epidural?

Yes it did... But I even hate yearly exams! The doctor said it would just be "pressure"... I found it really painful when it was inserted.. After it was inserted you don't feel it at all... And even when she pulled on it it was just uncomfortable...but it helped move labor right along and the epidural was a little gift at the end of it!
  • Options
    ElRubyElRuby member
    @mvargas... Not too sure but maybe they worried it wouldn't do its job enough... She also wouldn't let me walk around which totally sucked! After my experience with it I really trust the process and would not have waited so long to agree to it... The pain is short lived at least!
  • Options
    I haven't had my appointment just yet but I did get a phone call from my doctor yesterday evening. This Thursday I will be 41 weeks and I am scheduled to go in Saturday evening for an induction! Doctor said they can give me the balloon or these pills that I can take orally/vaginally that softens the cervix (don't know what they're called). Do any of you have any experience with these pills for an induction ?
    I read above about the balloon....doesn't seem too bad but I want to weigh my options.
  • Options
    klkonwiklkonwi member
    edited June 2015
    Cytotec or cervadil is the pills/meds they are referring to. They can ether give cytotec under your tongue or they can insert it vaginally. They soften and help the cervix to open. Then when dilated enough they will break your water and start pitocin.
    I personally hate the balloon catheter to open the cervix. It causes a lot of pain. My patients hate it. I know some ppl feel differently but I can't agree. Majority of my patients absolutely hate the foley balloon route. @Zeuskay01
  • Options
    KaLikeAWindKaLikeAWind member
    edited June 2015
    ^^ my Dr said if they induce me they would use these pills. I believe they are called cytotec? At least, that's what they said they would give me to begin. She said they give it and wait a couple hours and you begin to feel contractions and then I guess the show is on the road? I don't know much more than that, tho

ETA @klkonwi and I were typing at the same time, lol. So from your post above it sounds like you like the pill vs the balloon?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    klkonwi said:

Cytotec or cervadil is the pills/meds they are referring to. They soften and help the cervix to open. Then when dilated enough they will break your water and start pitocin.
    I personally hate the balloon catheter to open the cervix. It causes a lot of pain. My patients hate it. I know some ppl feel differently but I can't agree. Majority of my patients absolutely hate the foley balloon route.

Thank you! Hmm...this option does seem like the less painful one! Ahh man....it's getting real finally!

• Options
    @klkonwi holy shit no wonder your patients hate it...60cc?!? We do 35cc! That's horrible. With a cook we do 30 and 30...I can't get over that.
  • Options
    klkonwiklkonwi member
    edited June 2015
    30 wouldn't be bad..... Yeah 60 is what our new doc (just graduated) does. She said that is what they do in Omaha at creighton med school where she graduated from. @dancegurl1118
  • Options
    Needless to say she's not my doc!