February 2016 Moms

Changes to libido

anyone notice an increase or decrease in sex drive? darn hormones, haha

Re: Changes to libido

• mamaekmamaek member
    edited June 2015
    Yup. Accompanied by pain (cramping) upon climax which is not encouraging either. Oh man! Darn is right.

Edit: added cramping
  • Loading the player...
  • My libido has left the building.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have a high drive when I'm not too exhausted to do it lol! I've been in bed by about 8 pm after my toddler goes to bed every night, haha
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lizzivirginializzivirginia member
    edited June 2015
    Ugh I'm glad I'm not alone. Normal I'm a lot more 'fun' according to my guy, haha, but lately I've just had no energy and haven't had the same level of interest. It's driving him crazy - poor guy lol. Plus I've been so emotional!! (crying and sex do not mix!)

I'm hoping it gets a bit better in the second trimester. I've read that energy levels go back up when the morning sickness phases passes, etc
  • Decrease here. Same thing happened last time - we maybe had sex three times in first tri.

Now, third tri? I couldn't get enough.

KBJ-SEJ married 8.18.2012
    BMJ born 5.27.2014
    MMC 7.2.2015 @ 5w5d
    SMEJ born 6.5.2016
    BFP 6.8.2018 EDD 02.18.2019

• Plus the pain! Oh God it's terrible. What normally would be enjoyable causes this awful cramping feeling... Feels like its going 'too deep' when it really isn't.

Sorry to be so graphic btw! Just venting xx
  • I'm on full pelvic rest until at LEAST my next appointment on 6/29. Hubby has to handle things on his own if he wants. If the whole pregnancy stays this way he may go get snipped so that we can't have a second. I would say I feel bad but considering I have NO desire to be touched, I don't feel even a little bad.  
    BabyFetus Ticker

F16 Sep Siggy Challange - Fav Thing About Fall (even though "fall" won't be here until at least Dec)
    Green Bay animated GIF
  • Its only been a week since I found out but I feel like mine has decreased. Now DHs? His has increased. Not sure whats going on there, haha! My first pregnancy, bless his heart, we barely ever had sex. The second, was much much better... this one is still up in the air. Maybe I need to re read 50 shades of grey or something!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We haven't had sex since we found out last Sunday. I feel bloated and exhausted. He wants it constantly. Worst wife ever lol
  • Increased and loving it!
  • Yes def. a decrease! I feel bad for DH but I'm just never in the mood anymore. I'd rather just sleep. Lol

• Mine also disappeared, HOWEVER, I'm not going to reject my husband's needs, and despite lack of interest, it feels amazing!! Really incredible, and thinking about how much better it feels, has given me a jumpstart and gotten me more interested. Like, why are we not doing this every night!?
  • I'm scared ... The one time we did since finding out resulted in cramping after. I don't want to be in pain ... Maybe I'll try it again after our doctor's appt in week 8 but not before that.

Feb '16 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing About Fall: Haunted Houses and Scary Movies! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mhall711 said:

Mine also disappeared, HOWEVER, I'm not going to reject my husband's needs, and despite lack of interest, it feels amazing!! Really incredible, and thinking about how much better it feels, has given me a jumpstart and gotten me more interested. Like, why are we not doing this every night!?

I'm all for doing it if it feels good but doing it so you don't "reject his needs" sounds a little stepford wife to me to be honest. Girl, your needs come first for the next 9 months. Well, in my house, my needs probably always come first if I'm being honest lol. I'm sure you didn't mean for it to sound that way though - just bustin your chops ;)

Feb '16 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing About Fall: Haunted Houses and Scary Movies! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Decreased but I'm so hoping it comes back. I really like sex!
    me: 29 DH: 30
    Married 3.6.15
    EDD of Baby S 2.5.16

LFAF-July Siggy
  • Ha! What libido? DH, however, responded to the BFP news (after the initial surprise, hugs, etc) with an invitation to the bedroom. I wonder if pregnancy makes the guys just feel more "manly" and virile or something that gives them a rush of testosterone.

• edited June 2015
    I feel like it could be an increase. But I am too exhausted to even think about it. I sleep all the time :)
  • PaniaOPaniaO member
    kikacakes said:

Yup. Accompanied by pain (cramping) upon climax which is not encouraging either. Oh man! Darn is right.

Edit: added cramping

Omg THIS; WTF. This is so scary every single time. I feel like I'm endangering the little bean, but how can that be? Making me crazy paranoid that I'm not meant to be enjoying my sex life anymore--but I refuse to accept that until a doctor says so.
    S & A married 8.12.2013
    Expecting Saulie O 2.12.2016
  • I have an increase but am on pelvic rest.
    Baby 2.0!
    BabyFruit Ticker

"http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32499b"
     28 Years old DH 29
    Married since 8/7/10
  • My has definitely decreased. The closest hubby gets is cuddling. Poor guy!
  • Increase but between the exhaustion and the opposite schedules. It's hard

Mom of one adorable little boy and excited to do this again.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • jocenjocen member
    Mine has increased to the point sometimes it is distracting and unwarranted.
  • cheenicheeni member
    All the nausea and bloating puts me off anyway and I think its just decreased I've been having a lot of pain we never we have sex so I don't know what's going on its so stressing though I feel like a waste of a woman... Xxx
  • Mine has increased but I'm so exhausted, I want to go to bed after our 2 year old goes down around 8 pm so we try to do it in the morning more often now.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's like a cruel joke. . . I've had an increase, but by the time we're both home, I'm exhausted, ridiculously bloated, and my boobs are killing me. . . Kind of offputting.
  • wagvanwagvan member
    Definite increase.  I could go 3x a day.  One of my favorite pregnancy symptoms!
    Katie ~wife to my beloved, Scott for 25 years
    mama to SEVEN +1 wonderful Waggoners
    K~ 22yo, C~ 20yo, J~ 18yo, N~ 13yo, G~ 11yo, M~ 7, A~5 and baby due 2/12/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Definitely increased... Can't get enough of it!!! :D
  • Used to have such a song sex drive...lol....anywhere, anytime, but now I am just not really interested.  It is good to know that apparently this will change.  Feel bad for my BF.  Lots of cold showers and alone time.....I know, tmi, but just saying.
  • TegzyTegzy member
    I've never had an overly strong sex drive, but now....if it were possible for my libido to shrivel up and die then that's what's happened.

luckily my partner is generally zonked from work and hasn't hassled me recently.

having said that though...sex dreams...and sex thoughts still occurring all the time...just no desire for real follow through lol
  • My libido has left the building.

This exactly! I had crazy increase in libido with first pregnancy but not this one
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Can I have some of y'alls insatiable desires/needs please? I am way too exhausted to even think about it. Poor DH. I need to suck it up, hes been a trooper.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • KiekKiek member
    I don't know that it has changed. I always want it all the time lol. However the fatigue is getting to me. I want it so bad but I'm so so tired. When I was pregnant with my daughter I wasn't into it at all lol. We had sex like once a week during that pregnancy
  • I want nothing to do with sex right now. My libido is gone and it's uncomfortable to the point where it kind of hurts. Hanging in there for the magical second tri libido return that I got last pregnancy.
  • krabskrabs member
    Mine has skyrocketed but I feel so nauseous I can't do it half the time. Feels even better when we do it though!
  • Mine has definitely increased but DH pretty much wants nothing more than cuddling. So frustrating - it's not like he's going to hurt baby or I! Ugh!
  • I've been starting to feel better lately which has helped in the increase of libido department..I think I'm going to try to surprise DH tonight when he gets home from work. I bought new lingerie when we were just starting TTC that I never got out of the packaging since it happened so fast.

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Mine went from super high to basically non-existing. First time in my life at age 37. Super weird. 

I feel really bad for him, because he's still ready to go at any moment. We noted last night that this is the longest we've ever gone without sex, I think it's been a week now. 

Also, tons of stuff he does gets on my nerves BIG TIME and grosses me out. That's new too. I feel mean thinking this stuff and I do try to keep it to myself so not to hurt his feelings. I was semi-turned on last night before bed, but then he did something that grossed me out and turned me off...gosh, what was it...? I think he posed in the mirror and squeezed his stomach, pointing out that it's bigger than mine maybe. 

Anybody else getting turned off super easy by stuff their guy is doing? I feel so bad about it :(

BFP 6/26/15 - EDD 2/26/16
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm in my first trimester, so at this point between the exhaustion & unconformable stomach I'm not initiating.