December 2014 Moms
Options

Do you still have your linea nigra?

For all you ladies who got the linea nigra (like me!) - who still has theirs? Mine has faded but it's still there. I've heard for some women it disappears altogether and for others it fades but is always there. 

Re: Do you still have your linea nigra?

• Options
    Is that the dark line from your belly button? (I can't remember and don't want to look it up!) If so, mine has faded some, but still there. It did fade after a few months with DS1. This time around I thought I was going to get by without getting it, but it appeared right before I was due. =(
  • Options
    Yes - it's that dark line on the belly. Glad to hear that yours faded after DS1, hoping that is the case. But I thought mine would be gone by now... 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is still there also. It's faded a little now but still very visible. I can't remember it being so prominent with my lg but it did disappear with time, so hoping it's the same this time round
  • Options
    Yes, I have very fair skin so I was pretty surprised to get a pretty dark one! Baby is 15.5 weeks old and it is fading slowly but surely. I also have a dark ring around my belly button... It's going away too but very slowly. I've read that vitamin e capsules and unrefined cocoa butter can help fade it but I haven't tried. That plus a new c section scar is a lot to get used to but I'm actually getting more relaxed about it as time goes on.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I didn't get one at all with my son, but I have a dark one from my girls. It has faded quite a bit but is still really prominent. I also have a dark rib around the mess that used to be my belly button. My entire belly area is a train wreck from being stretched so big. Not only is my skin all saggy baggy and discolored but the diastis recti makes it so my stomach just poked through everything and blObbles about. So my dark line is the least of my belly problems. Hahahahaha
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    diz1313 said:

I didn't get one at all with my son, but I have a dark one from my girls. It has faded quite a bit but is still really prominent. I also have a dark rib around the mess that used to be my belly button. My entire belly area is a train wreck from being stretched so big. Not only is my skin all saggy baggy and discolored but the diastis recti makes it so my stomach just poked through everything and blObbles about. So my dark line is the least of my belly problems. Hahahahaha

Have you considered going to physical therapy for the diastasis? I've found it really helpful!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    No, I found some things I can do at home for it... but I always forget. But I've really got to get on the ball with it as the lack of ab muscles is putting a lot of strain on my back.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine is still there but has faded some. I really wish it would fade on out. 
  • Options
    I've read that it can take about 6 months for it to go away. That being said, I'm still a proud owner!
  • Options
    I'm relieved to hear that most mamas still have theirs. I'm hoping mine fades completely over the next couple of months. 
  • Options
    Checking back on this - do you still have your linea nigra? I'm 6 months pp now, still have it. I think it's faded some, but it's still there. My OB says it vanishes for some, not for others. Luck of the draw! 
  • Options
    Still have mine its very light but stubbornly refuses to go away.  >:P
  • Options
    Same boat.