Success after IF

Ivf success after low Amh diagnosis

DH and I have now completed two iui medicated cycles with trigger. Unfortunately unsuccessful :( one more in July and then potentially moving towards conventional Ivf or icsi(spelling) which is much more invasive but a higher chance of being successful.

My diagnosis is low Amh (.457) I'm 29 and DH is 33. Apparently his swimmers could be faster and my last fsh showed a 12 so that's high too. The dr said my condition is rare and he wants me to know as each year passed my eggs lose their viability which literally makes me feel like a time bomb. To make matters worse I have NO fertility coverage. Nothing !!!! All meds and procedures are self pay. We're freaking out :(

So I need to know if people would share their Ivf story.

How many cycles? One or two LO? Any advice.

Thanks so much in advance. Blessings to you all.

Re: Ivf success after low Amh diagnosis

• dp21dp21 member
    Hi,

I'm a success story.  We went straight to IVF with ICSI because DOR AMH 0.5 and hubby has low sperm count/poor motility etc.  I was 29 going on 30 when I cycled and hubby was 32.

We did one IVF cycle, nothing to freeze. They only retried 3 eggs, 2 fertilized, one stuck.  Now have a happy healthy 5 month old.  Hubby had to provide two sperm samples for them to get good ones for ICSI. 

We paid out of pocket for IVF but my meds were covered.  We spent around 9K.  Thank god it worked first time.  The funny thing is, this year my work now covers 80% of IVF and my hubby's new company covers up to three tries.  We plan to try again next summer after this one is about 1.5 years.

Enjoying mommy life with my 5 month old.  It was worth it for us.  I hope it works for you.  They told us 30% chance of success with everything.  She is our miracle baby! 

Me:
    30, DH: 32
    My hx:  uterus/hormones normal Dx: low AMH 0.5 = poor ovarian reserve
    hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

Started IVF #1:  ~BFP Mentioned~
    • ER (Thursday April 17th, 3 precious eggs).
    • April 18th: Received news 2 out of 3 eggs fertilized!
    •  Planned 3dt: Easter day, transferred two 8B embryos and received pictures :)
    • BFP starting 8dp3dt 5/1 Beta #1: 87, 5/3 Beta #2 206 
    • 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• That's amazing that it worked one time. My place in ny has a 60 % success rate but will only put back one. Icsi is upwards of over 20,000 not including meds. I think conventional Ivf may be our only feasible method. Thanks for sharing
  • Loading the player...
  • dp21dp21 member
    Ok, yeah the success rate of my place was higher than 30% in general.  But I think 30% was the national quoted success rate for people with DOR needing ICSI, something like that.  They showed us a website versus other people going through IVF with other diagnoses.  Our place normally does only 1 for 5 day transfers, but since we were only working with 2 fertilized eggs, they didn't risk growing them out to 5 days and put two in on day 3. 

Me:
    hubby hx: low sperm count, poor motility, started on clomid, retest in May showed no improvement, will be on clomid another 3 months, another retest scheduled for August

• 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• What state do you live in? 30 % wow :(((((
  • dp21dp21 member
    I live in Michigan.  Yeah let me see if I can find website they used.  My memory is fuzzy, but I think I'm pretty sure they said around 30%.

Me:

• 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• dp21dp21 member

Me:

• 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• dp21dp21 member
    edited June 2015
    Lets try this again lol

I think this was the site, if you click through different diagnoses, you will see DOR has lower rates nationally than other diagnoses.

Me:

• 5/19 Heartbeat 123bpm
    • EDD 1/8/15

• We had success with IVF. MY AMH was .32 (I think, is it in my siggy?) and I was 37 almost 38 so egg quality was an issue as well. We transferred 3 (again I was almost 38) and one is now my perfect DD-she turned 2 in Feb. stay hopeful! Good luck to you.
    Me 37 DH 40 TTC since 1/11 DOR AMH .34 DH S/A Great BFP 12/11! MC 1/12 IUI #1 2/12 BFN. IUI #2 3/12 BFN. IUI #3 4/12 BFN IVF #1 5/12 BFP! DD 2/13/12
  • Aw thank you. They will only transfer one because of my age. Booooo :( makes me panic a bit but I'm sure they know what their doing.
  • No experience with low AMH, but I wanted to wish you good luck!!!
    ~~ All Welcome~~
    ME: 32, SER aggregates on eggs, anovulatory
    DH:  33, 2% morphology
    TTC #1 
    2 clomid cycles, 3 hybrid clomid/bravelle IUI's = 4 BFN/1 CP@ 5.5 weeks
    IUI #6 -Follitism IUI cycle converted to IVF and back to IUI-4 mature, 3 maybe mature = BFP!!   DS Born 9/2014
    TTC#2 
    IVF #1 9/15 Antagonist- 19 R 1F (Frozen day 1 @ 2PN stage) Diagnosed with SER aggregates in 13/19 eggs after failed fertilization
    IVF #2 11/15 Antagonist w/ICSI  (Higher stims & Letrosole added last minute on stim day 7)- 39R, 24M (20/24 SER free), 15F (14/15 SER free & all frozen @ 2PN stage) 
    FET#1 Cultured all 16- 2pn embryos to day 5- transferred 1 good hatching blast and 1 early blast on 1/28- None to freeze - beta 2/5

• CarrieB.CarrieB. member
    edited June 2015
    My AMH wasn't tested bc I went through IF several years ago, but remember numbers are just numbers. You don't really know how you will respond to stims until you actually do them. I was DOR and DH was borderline MFI. I failed the clomid challenge with some insane high number on day 10 and low AFC. Now I have a beautiful 4 year old and a beautiful 18 mos old. One fresh, one frozen cycle. I was also OOP for my fresh cycle. Hang in there. Some REs just don't like DOR patients. Get a second opinion if you feel like your RE doesn't want to work with you, especially bc you are young. I was 31 when I started cycling. The first RE gave me a 5% chance. The second RE said he didn't like giving numbers. He ended up being a really understanding doctor to work with.

Good luck!
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• For perspective, my AMH was 0.9, age 38, IVF-ISCI resulted in five Day-6 blasts, told each blast would have 30% live birth. I did the math and I saved up for multiple eSETs, and did PGS. Sure enough two of my highest graded embryos were abnormal (did not transfer) and my two normal embryos were the poorest grades (resulted in live birth)! I encourage folks to set their expectations for multiple IVFs and multiple transfers to find "the one"! For my online friends, I've recently seen mini-IVFs working well for severe DOR. I think at your AMH level that your response would be less than mine (e.g. fewer blasts per cycle), but your chance of live birth would be higher with each blast (e.g. > 50% live birth per blast) - so might work out about the same - of course I am no dr. FX, FX. Sorry for the DOR DX.

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I have always had low AMH (last time it was tested I was 28 and it was .6) and I have three little ones!  Like @Carrie said, try not to put too much stock in numbers (we saw the same doctor and he was right both times!).  I know it's hard but when I got down about my low AMH my RE told me age is more of a determining factor.  The fact that you are young is GOOD!  Best of luck.   
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• Well I am so happy to say I'm preg confirmed with blood work and my numbers tripled in 48 hours.

I am 4 weeks 1 day today. I go for another beta tomm am with a first ultrasound on the following Monday.

It must be said his child will be a miracle. It was a non medicated cycle actually a rest cycle. We are so overjoyed. You ladies are right numbers are only numbers. Fx for me!!!!!
  • Congrats! I was also diagnosed with DOR. I'm 35 years old. AMH has ranged from .1 to .8 at different times. FSH was a 15 when I got pregnant with DS#2 thru ICSI. We had 7 eggs retrieved, 6 fertilized, and three made it to final stage. One was transferred and one stuck. Ds#2 is 2 weeks old today! DS#1 was conceived thru IUI-first try!
  • Hello! These success stories are great and truly helps me stay positive. My DH have begun our first round of IVF after two failed IUI's. I am diagnosed DOR's. I am on day three of shots and meds. I hope that I have success like you ladies. FX. Thanks for sharing your stories.
    Kristy
  • I was about to post on this board asking for success stories with DOR and saw this!! I am 30 and diagnosed with low AMH and low AFC. We are starting our first round of IUI this month. My RE suggested we go straight to IVF but insurance won't cover it until we do at least 3 rounds of IUI. I am happy to hear several of you found success even with DOR. Good luck to you @kristylang
  • Good luck to you @laur1064 I wish you nothing but the best!!!!
    Kristy
  • Hi!  I have success with low AMH, although not through IVF.

I was told back in 2009 (I had just turned 28 years old) that my FSH was 27 and my AMH was 0.1  Our first RE basically gave us the option of DE or adoption, so I ran to get a second opinion.  Found another RE willing to work with me.  Started seeing him in January of 2010, started acupuncture that same time and went once a week until the end of May, was taking DHEA per my RE (I can't remember how much), changed my diet by eliminating wheat/dairy/sugar, and was taking wheatgrass shots every night.  We tried an injectable IUI cycle which was a bust in April and found out we were pregnant naturally in May.  I still remember the shock because they told me the odds of it happening weren't very promising, but they also said that age is more of a factor than any of those numbers.

My daughter is now 4.5 :-)

• @planksandpineapples that's awesome that you were able to get pregnant. How old were you when you got pregnant? I turn 33 tomorrow so I'm hoping I'm still considered young for going through all of this. Thanks for sharing your success story. :)
    Kristy
  • I have DOR with low AMH. I am 32 now, but when we first wanted to start a family when I was 27 I was do with unexplained infertility-- they didn't routinely check Amh then my re said. Anyway, I had 5 failed iuis and then right before Ivf I got pregnant naturally. So now that we are ready for another we knew we would move right to Ivf, no more iuis. DH now has low sperm count too, so we will do icsi. My fsh has always been normal but my cycles can be odd and they are short and we figured something was up hormone wise but no idea what before. Now this round we knew from blood test and confirmed on ultrasound my DOR and I like knowing the issue. I start my injections I a couple of days, and I hope we don't get a cycle canceled. I am still young so chances aren't bad. But it does surprise. My mom didn even start having kids until she was older than me.... Good luck!
  • Best of luck to you @kyethra. I have my ER on Saturday. First time doing IVF. Anyone have any suggestions for me?!?!
    Kristy
  • I am 35 and DH is 40. My AMH is a .75 not sure about my FSH and my anti follicle has become very low at my Baseline. I started with two IVF's on 2011 with a Dr who did not acknowledge AMH and DOR. So we were treated only for male factor and BFN each time, I found a new Dr. who looked at my AMH and at 32 it was .75 it spiked to 1.4 (not sure why) and then now at 35 is back at .75. Anyway I did 3 IUI's with her and have my beautiful son from IUI #3. I began last month trying for baby #2, my anti follicle count was 7 and then I started taking FSH, on day 5 of stimming with 200 Iu's of Follistim each day I had ONLY ONE egg so I canceled my scheduled IUI. I have been taking estrogen for the past two weeks in hopes that this might help and will begin 300 IU's of FSH tonight, but unfortunately I only had "a couple" follicles on each ovary today. So it is not look very hopefully. I am so nervous b/c I really want another baby so badly! Grateful for my DS but the urge is not gone for a sibling for him. fingers crossed that these eggs like this FSH and this IUI works. Ultrasound is Wednesday!! 
    ME- 35    DH- 40
    TTC #1 
    IVF#1 w ICSI- 4/20/11 ER, 6 Eggs, 4 Fertilized, 4/25/11 5 day ET, 2 blasts- 5/4- Beta= BFN- No Frosties 

IVF #2 w ICSI-6/21/11 ER, 4 Eggs, 2 Fertilized, 6/24/11 3 day ET 2 embryos- Beta 7/5/11- BFN- No frosties.
    NEW RE
    IUI #1- started 50ius of follistim 1/25, IUI 2/3/12 - BFN
    AMH-0.73- DOR 2/2012

IUI #2- 3/17/12 started 200ius of Follistim , 3/24/12 added ganirelix, 225ius Follistim and 75ius of repronex, IUI- 3/30/12, Beta April 13, 2012-BFN

Appointment with Dr. Schoolcraft at CCRM July 18, 2012
    WAITING ON A MIRACLE AT THIS POINT
    AMH tested again 1/2013- 1.4!!!!
    IUI #3- 1/14/13 started 200ius of Follistim, 1/20/13 added menopur and ganirelix, IUI 1/25/13. Positive HPT 2/6/13- Beta #1- 193- BFP!!! 2/8/13-Beta#2-426.6
    2/26 ultrasound #1- TWINS!
    Delivered a healthy beautiful baby boy on 10/17/13 10ls. 2 ounces

TTC #2 
    AMH .75 VERY POOR RESPONDER
    IUI #4 cancelled due to only one egg responding 
    IUI#5 cancelled on CD 10,  (3) follicules were still very small even on 300 IU's of Follistim. Also found fluid in my uterus from C-section scar
    BFP- 8/9/15 
    Beta #1 8/10/15 13DPO-   9.2 (fingers crossed this sticks)
    Beta #2 8/12/15 15DPO   39- progesterone 18 
    Beta #3 8/14/15    111- progesterone 17.5
    Ultrasound August 31- 

PAIF or SAIF Welcome

• @WaitingMay14 @kristylang I posted a few weeks ago that I also have low AMH/low AFC. We were waiting for my cycle to start so we could start IUI. Instead I was super surprised to get a BFP, naturally. I'm 5 weeks along (so excited, just hoping baby sticks!) and we go in 2 weeks for u/s. Don't give up hope! Best of luck on your IVF!
  • Congrats !!!! Coincidentally during a rest cycle pre iui I got pregnant as well. I am 7 weeks 4 days.

During my final RE appt after I heard a HB of 150 we were planning on graduating. He did his exam and wouldn't release me because he said that the sac is measuring small. The baby is measuring at 7 weeks but he feels this pregnancy may end in MC. :(

Trying to stay hopeful. We shall wait to see.
  • Aw I am so sorry to hear that. Keep thinking positive, I have read stories of women in similar situations who went on to deliver healthy babies! I feel you though, That's my biggest fear. It did not help that my RE told us I have a higher percent chance of mc due to DOR and now I can't stop thinking about it. Were told something similar by your dr? Sending positive thoughts your way!
  • Yes. He's been skeptical about this entire pregnancy. It's disappointing I'm cramping as usual and I'm thinking the worst :(
  • @laur1064 congrats on your BFP!!!! That is very exciting.

@WaitingMay14: try and stay positive as hard as it is. The good news is your got pregnant so that is always a plus.

I wish nothing but the best for you two and sending sticky vibes. I find out on the 24th if our first IVF worked. FX!!!!!!
    Kristy
  • @kristylang I was 28 when I got pregnant. 

I wish I could conceive just one more time, but with an AMH of 0.1 almost six years ago I highly doubt that's even possible.

• 1983Lindsey21983Lindsey2 member
    edited July 2015
    @WaitingMay14 How are things going for you? Any update? Wishing you the best!

@laur1064 congrats!!! H&H 9 months to you!
    ~~ All Welcome~~
    ME: 32, SER aggregates on eggs, anovulatory
    DH:  33, 2% morphology
    TTC #1 
    2 clomid cycles, 3 hybrid clomid/bravelle IUI's = 4 BFN/1 CP@ 5.5 weeks
    IUI #6 -Follitism IUI cycle converted to IVF and back to IUI-4 mature, 3 maybe mature = BFP!!   DS Born 9/2014
    TTC#2 
    IVF #1 9/15 Antagonist- 19 R 1F (Frozen day 1 @ 2PN stage) Diagnosed with SER aggregates in 13/19 eggs after failed fertilization
    IVF #2 11/15 Antagonist w/ICSI  (Higher stims & Letrosole added last minute on stim day 7)- 39R, 24M (20/24 SER free), 15F (14/15 SER free & all frozen @ 2PN stage) 
    FET#1 Cultured all 16- 2pn embryos to day 5- transferred 1 good hatching blast and 1 early blast on 1/28- None to freeze - beta 2/5