June 2015 Moms
Options

Fur Baby Friday 6/5

Let's see our furry, feathered, and scaly friends! AND some pics of them with their fur-less new additions, if you've got pics to share
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fur Baby Friday 6/5

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @bbnmama2012 that face is to die for!!!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    The family picture with the pets is great. The expression on the dog all the way to the right is priceless!
  • Options
    Mellymar your kitty looks like he or she just seen a poltergeist. Pets have the best expressions :-)
  • Options
    @joyfuljenny the day I went into labor (granted I had a membrane sweep) my dog was up my ass. And he never ever is. I made a comment to DH how he would not leave me alone.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    ElRubyElRuby member
    With DS my cat wouldn't stop howling until I left for hospital... Now my cat has been weirdly avoiding me... Hmmm
  • Options

@klkonwi that IS a pretty small kitten. I'm guessing mom must be around somewhere? Maybe not. Its big enough to be eating regular food, but yeah, I wonder where it is getting it? (I'm assuming DHs parents maybe put out cat food?)

• Options
    klkonwiklkonwi member
    edited June 2015
    I think that somehow he got dumped off on a truck or something from the neighboring farm. He's too little to have walked all the way there. He eats cat food that DH mom puts out and he strangely refuses the milk.
    I'm sort of obsessed with how cute he is!
  • Options
    klkonwi said:
    I think that somehow he got dumped off on a truck or something from the neighboring farm. He's too little to have walked all the way there. He eats cat food that DH mom puts out and he strangely refuses the milk.

That's a shame someone may have dumped him. It's probably good he doesn't drink the milk, tho. Most kittens are lactose intolerant (to milk that humans drink, anyway) and in a guy that little could give him diarrhea. He's too little to have diarrhea. Once they are older they tend to handle store bought milk better. Of course, it IS a farm, I know nothing about kittens and fresh milk from a cow at the source. He's so squishy! :x
  • Options
    JunB25JunB25 member
    Love it! I think my phone needs an update before this app works completely for me. I'd love to share a pic of my Golden but it won't upload a file. Cute animals everyone!
  • Options
    Brought Izzy to in-laws for an overnight farm visit and pool day. She is a real scaredy cat and doesn't adjust well to new places, but she's done fine for the last two visits.

We're on the couch (I'm miserable and hurting anyway), she's cuddling beside me. Well, she spooks and attacks me, hissing and biting me. Hand bleeding like crazy. I locked myself in the bathroom to gauze up my hand and bawl my eyes out.

I'm over stabby, and just raw at this point.
  • Options
    KaLikeAWindKaLikeAWind member
    edited June 2015
    @Westypet poor you, and poor Izzy! I'm sure she didn't mean it, just like you said, she spooked.
    Keep an eye on that hand! Cats harbor lots of bacteria in their mouths and bites can get infected quick! That is the LAST thing you need right now, an infection from a cat bite. Also, the hand is not a good place for infection because of all the working tendons in there, etc. Do not wait to see a Dr about it if you have any kind of concern for infection. (P.s. - they may ask you if she is up on her shots, if she isn't then I would leave out it was your cat and say it was a stray you were trying to catch or something and it got away. I've done it. Otherwise they may want her quarantined, bleh)

Edited, I missed a word
  • Options
    mellymar said:

@Westypet poor you, and poor Izzy! I'm sure she didn't mean it, just like you said, she spooked.
    Keep an eye on that hand! Cats harbor lots of bacteria in their mouths and bites can get infected quick! That is the LAST thing you need right now, an infection from a cat bite. Also, the hand is not a good place for infection because of all the working tendons in there, etc. Do not wait to see a Dr about it if you have any kind of concern for infection. (P.s. - they may ask you if she is up on her shots, if she isn't then I would leave out it was your cat and say it was a stray you were trying to catch or something and it got away. I've done it. Otherwise they may want her quarantined, bleh)

Edited, I missed a word

So sad and frustrating. Any signs I should look for other than redness around the bites?
  • Options
    @Westypet swelling that spreads or pain that seems unreasonable for the wound. And redness, of course.
    I was bitten once at work, the upper and lower canines went thru the webbing between my thumb and first finger, and first and middle finger respectively. By the time an hour (def not more than two hours) had passed, my whole hand was swollen to my wrist and the last digits of my fingertips. That earned me a 10 day course of doxycycline.

Basically, if it noticeably swells or you see redness, tonight or wake up with either tomorrow, just be safe and go see the doc. Keep it clean and watch for purulent (pus like) discharge, whether there is swelling and/or redness or not (pus usually = infection). Or, if you just think something isn't right there, go. Just use your instincts and good sense.

If she just grazed you with her teeth and you've essentially got scratches from her teeth, its probably going to be fine (they're shallow and you washing it probably took care of anything). If she actually sunk her teeth down into the flesh then that would be something I would watch more closely, as they are deeper