June 2015 Moms
Options

Weekly appointment check-ins (6/1)

Re: Weekly appointment check-ins (6/1)

• Options
    I had my 39 week check up today and they checked my cervix. I haven't dilated any as of right now. Today was the first day they checked my cervix and it hurt way more than I expected. She told me to try tea and sex so my cervix will ripen. My due date is Wednesday the 10th, but she scheduled me for an induction on the 15th. I'm still hoping baby girl will come without any help, but hey, it is what it is. Hope everyone is doing well :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    aj1327aj1327 member
    @queequeg09256 I hope things speed up for you!

At my appointment today I was barely a cm, baby was low, and cervix was soft. Doctor still recommended induction next week due to my fibroid. She went over all of the risks and DH and I came home and talked it over. I think we're going to go ahead and schedule for next Thursday. It seems what's best for the baby and I trust my doctor. I go back Monday to check cervix again so we'll know what time to go in, and she's also going to double check my fluid levels.
  • Options
    I need someone to tell me that not dilating at this point isn't all that matters. No dilating, no softness, and my cervix is still pointed back. My patience is waning; I can only imagine what those of you who are a week or two ahead of me are feeling! Anyhow, if/when she can get a finger in my cervix, she'll do a membrane sweep. 

Otherwise, happy to say that Baby Girl is head down and in my pelvis-- FINALLY! Measuring good. All is well, except for my tolerance level. 

Sending positive vibes to all of you with concerns and all who are laboring away!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    klkonwiklkonwi member
    edited June 2015
    @virginiaunicorn11 I for sure feel the same low down 'cervical cramping'...... It's so strange. If I had to describe it I would say it's "feeling like I'm dilating" but who knows. @mellymar reports this too
  • Options
    klkonwiklkonwi member
    edited June 2015
    Cervical cramping is so NOT a medical real term. Lol it's just how I feel/describe what's happening!
    Yes. I think these are BH for our downstairs !!!!
  • Options
    KreslaKresla member
    I had mine today! Doctor check my cervix. I'm still at 1 cm but he did say my cervix has thinned out and he could feel baby's head! He also said my cervix was pushed out more than two weeks ago.
  • Options
    @KonaCoffeeBean yes. I picture the babies giving me the bird when I touch their head....... They didn't ask for that crap!!! Lol
  • Options
    I had my 38 week appointment yesterday- not dilated, but baby is way down and 70% effaced. And the doctor touched my baby's head too! Baby kicked each time the doctor touched him/her!

Question for people- has anyone's fundal height been decreasing? Mine went down to 35 centimeters this week after being 36 last week. Doctor says it can happen when baby drops and I shouldn't be worried. Just curious to see if this has happened to anyone else.
  • Options

Okay hi! I'm here with news. Yesterday was a whirlwind of appointments,and then I had to go home and be housewife and mommy, so I apologize I didn't make it back on with an update.

Baby is just fine!!! She's measuring 1.5-2 weeks behind in general, all over, not just her head. So right now she's in the 36th%, which is just smaller than what dr's were thinking  due to my GD and my son being almost 10 lbs.

I feel relieved that her growth is "normal" and that I got some answers! Thank you ladies for your kind thoughts and prayers!

ETA: Scheduled for a C section in 17 days!! Gah!  Did an internal check, and everything is "high and tight" well. okay then. :)

Such great news!!! What a relief!
  • Options
    amhowell14amhowell14 member
    edited June 2015
    Weekly appt yesterday. Still 1cm, baby estimated weight of 8.5lbs, and induction scheduled for 6/17. Hoping she comes on her own before then, but not holding my breath. So done!
  • Options
    Had my 39 week appointment today. BP and LO HR was fine. Had an exam, opened about a "fingertip" still "high".
  • Options
    39 weeks today. Had her check me since I'm feeling my contractions more in my back and can't always tell what's just back pain. Almost completely effaced and 2 cm dilated. That's a little progress since Tuesday when l&d checked me due to pain. Dr also said baby was finally dropped into place and pushing down. She scheduled my next appointment but doesn't think i'll make it that long with constant contractions (still like 15 minutes apart at best). If I do make it to the next appointment, we're inducing because I'm getting miserable.
  • Options
    Got to schedule my csection today! I'm too excited!! Two more weeks or less! I was 50% thinned out and no dilation and she is head down and dropped!! Hoping she comes before then!
  • Options
    39+5 today and had my weekly app. Been having contractions every 15-20 min since yesterday morning. Pretty sure my doc stripped my membranes without formally saying that what she was doing. She just told me to expect bleeding and discharge after she was done doing my cervix check. It was also my first very painful cervix check. The others have been uncomfortable but not painful. Which makes me even more sure that she stripped my membranes. Also have had lots of bloody discharge since.

Only 1.5cm dilated and 75% effaced. She also told me to expect to have more intense contractions when she was done as well. Definitely the case, they are growing closer together as well. But Ive had this happen before, then they just stopped. So Im not convinced that this means Im in early labor. Although my doctor saying she thinks I am and will be delivering in the next couple days. I hope shes right. But we will see.

My blood pressure was also unusually high which she said might have been caused by the contractions. And baby is pushing down extremely hard and trying to come out. My next app is next Thursday, she said if Im still pregnant they will do a NST. But shes pretty confident Ill have had her by then. Man i hope shes right.
  • Options
    Another uneventful appointment for me. I am 36+4 and had my GBS swab. No anal swabbing.
    In two weeks, she will start doing cervix checks and rimming my cervix if he hasn't come on his own by then. He's very low and head down she said.
  • Options
    @mellymar whenever they check you they can get things riled up. So if you feel more crampy and spot it's normal.
  • Options
    klkonwi said:

@mellymar whenever they check you they can get things riled up. So if you feel more crampy and spot it's normal.

Yeah I figured. But holy hell man. Things are riled, yup
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    JunB25JunB25 member
    I had my appt. on Monday... nothing exciting. Measuring at right on at 37 weeks. I didn't ask for a cervical check... I feel like for me it won't matter after all the checks with my first didn't tell us much. The midwife let my daughter do the doppler to listen to her brother and when he kicked I guess his heart beat accelerated and she said that was a good thing... cool. :) I have GD but they're happy with my blood sugar numbers so luckily I haven't needed meds for it. 3 more weeks or so, I'm ready!
  • Options
    JunB25JunB25 member
    clur3387 said:

I had my 38 week appointment yesterday- not dilated, but baby is way down and 70% effaced. And the doctor touched my baby's head too! Baby kicked each time the doctor touched him/her!

Question for people- has anyone's fundal height been decreasing? Mine went down to 35 centimeters this week after being 36 last week. Doctor says it can happen when baby drops and I shouldn't be worried. Just curious to see if this has happened to anyone else.

@clur3387 mine did, sort of. Measured 37 at 35 weeks and then I measured myself a few days later it was 35 a few days later then 37 at my mid 36week appt. I think it depends on baby's positioning for sure.
  • Options
    Just got back from my apt at 37+2. HR good, BP good, still measuring small but GBS was negative! Woot! We worked out my induction details and it is with the schedulers. Next week they will try to get me on the books at the hospital. I declined a cervical check, we'll do it next week. I always have lots of BH but this last week I've had more crampy-type contractions which I guess is a good sign? I'm worried LO will show up before the 17th.
  • Options
    Forgot to add that doc had me schedule a NST for before my appt on the 18th. If we make it that far it will be my first one. Its purely just to 'make sure baby is OK' at that date and to help us potentially decide if we would want to induce on the 19th
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So now 39 weeks and still a two he said the reason cervical checks are so rough is because my babies head is so low anyone else heard this or am I being a wimp?
  • Options
    ElRubyElRuby member
    Went back today to discuss induction.... She decided to give my body more time... don't know if I am happy or sad... But I am so freaking uncomfortable!
  • Options
    @mjschenk that's what mine told me yesterday. The only two checks I have had were at 39w last week and 40 yesterday. Yesterday's hurt and was way more uncomfortable and that was the reason she gave me.
  • Options
    So I am now scheduled for an induction on Tuesday. I was very back and forth on this. I was happy because this is the first week I have been so dang uncomfortable and in pain. I am hesitant because I feel like I am seeing so much about everyone being induced. Is this the norm that it is recommended for so many people? I guess I had never realized it before.
  • Options
    Scheduled my induction today. 1 cm dilated & thinned out (didn't give %). Said everything was favorable. Told me that if I didn't dilate 2-3 cm within 2-3 hours during induction, he would send me home before he broke my water (as to avoid unnessesary CS). I liked that, DH did not... Apparently that messes with his work schedule... UGH. Oh & mom decided to tell me she has a doc appointment that day that she "guesses" she'll reschedule. Needless to say, I'm not as happy as I should be about this afternoon. Damn people & making it about them.