April 2014 Moms
Options

Recipes

Share your favorite toddler recipes! What gets your LO using their hands and fingers to feed themselves and actually gets it down the hatch! Im mainly asking because we recently went from being a great eater to spitting out everything we eat through our 4 teeth! Bleh!

We love Hummus and prunes mashed up and of course, puffs! Besides those bits and our Milk- we are not interested!

Re: Recipes

• Options
    She loves cheese and most meat. No fruit though. I by the purees and mix them with Cheerios to sneak them in that way.
  • Options
    LOs fav meal is Mac and cheese (homemade). Super easy just cook noodles, drain, mix a couple of tbsp of butter with the noodles. Layer noodles, cheese (2 of each). Then pour in some milk. Easiest thing ever and she LOVES it!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sherks11 what a great idea!
  • Options
    LO loves bread and cheese like his mama... Grilled cheese sandwiches are always a hit! I cut them into small pieces for him. He loves fruit like blueberries, strawberries, and banana as well.
  • Options
    Peanut butter sandwiches, cut up tofu, peas, corn, squash, (basically any veggie or fruit cut into bite sized pieces), noodles, cheese, scrambled egg, boiled egg. Those are my easy go to foods. I'm lucky though and dd eats pretty much anything
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We do scrambled eggs with cheese, lots of mandarins (he loves the little wedges), bananas, sometimes berries (lately they all get thrown), oatmeal, toddler yogurt, applesauce (no added sugar), grilled cheese, pancakes (homemade, butter but no syrup), mac n cheese (like mentioned above--try the mini wheel shaped pasta!), sweet potato cubes, pb&j's, etc. He refuses all veggies right now which really stresses me out! A few weeks ago I made toddler muffins (Google that term for recipe) to sneak in veggies and they were a hit.
  • Options
    LolaX2LolaX2 member
    DD is a pretty good eater. Her favorites right now that are pretty easy are:
    mandarins
    watermelon chunks
    peas (but she chews them up and spits out the skin, so weird)
    cheese
    pasta with butter
    PB&J cut in small strips
    shredded chicken
    pancakes (I mix in fruit purees for extra nutrients) 
    scrambled eggs
    crackers with PB or hummus
    yogurt
    sweet potato fries or chunks
    anything that her brother is eating lol

• Options
    @LolaX2 mine does the same thing with peas. So funny!