July 2015 Moms
Options

Changes to eye sight?

Does anybody know if it's common for your eye sight to change during pregnancy? I had lasiks doing 8 years ago and had 20/20 vision ever since. However, over the last couple of weeks, I've noticed that it is getting harder to see farther away. I swear I'm going to need glasses soon at this rate. Anybody have this issue?

Re: Changes to eye sight?

• Options
    No experience personally but I do remember reading late last year that vision is affected towards the end of pregnancy. Something about the shape of the eye changing from retaining fluid or something. I remember it because it talked about it temporarily affecting the way contacts fit and I wear contacts. Idk if it applies to lasix but I def remember the word temporary. Not sure how helpful I'm being...
  • Options
    Yes it's hormones, it happens third trimester
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes totally normal. Just had this conversation with my doctor after seeing "floaters".
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback. Here's hoping it's only temporary.
  • Options
    My eye doctor suggested LASIK for me but said I should wait 6 months to year even after breast feeding before I do, so everything would turn back to normal and then have it done.
  • Options
    mers90mers90 member
    I haven't been able to wear my glasses since the begging, first they made me dizzy and now I get a headache and I feel my sight is getting worse everyday! My Dr told me not to wear them and that everything should go back to normal within the first year after birth, but I remember that with my son I ended up changing them because it never went back to how it wa s