June 2015 Moms
Options

Weekly appointment check-ins (6/1)

Re: Weekly appointment check-ins (6/1)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    38 week apt today--1 cm and 70% effaced.....doctor told me lots of sex and pumping! I already have 2 oz in my freezer!! Hoping it works!
  • Options
    39+5 today. Appointment yesterday. 2 CM and 50%. Non-stress test and fluid check next Monday if I'm still pregnant. And they will schedule an induction if I am. I wish I wouldn't have told anyone my exact due date. Big mistake. Phone has been going off constantly for about a week.
  • Options
    Such a rant, so sorry. 39+ 4 today. Well I was at 2-3 cm last exam and today OB says 1cm. Wth!! Had membrane sweep last week and that DID nothing! So glad I did that....not! Soo uncomfortable!! Had another membrane sweep today and feeling so annoyed with my body. Had to go to the hospital for a NST due to fetal tachycardia, everything is great with babe! Booked an induction for 41+ 3 if babe doesn't come on their own. I know in reality it happens all the time and it's no big deal and babe will come when ready but I can't help but feel soooo unbelievably let down that I feel my body can't work on its own. Work body, no problem getting pregnant, work the other way!!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @Addelie - oh good! I hate inciting anxiety. Keep us posted, if you want.

@423ang that would throw me off, too! Glad your medical team is all over it. Hope you get to enjoy the pregnant time you have left, and how exciting to meet your babes soon!! Good luck, and wishing all of you a healthy delivery and smooth recovery xo
  • Options
    Had my 39w checkup yesterday. I'm 3cm, 75% and baby is head down :) my doctor sprung the news that he leaves for vacation next Thursday (the day after my due date) and if I wanted him to deliver me I needed to consider scheduling to be induced. He is the 3rd OB I've had since finding out I was pregnant and I don't want a 4th to deliver me, so I gave in and we are scheduled to go in Monday at 5am! My birth plan did not include being induced but I think this is a legitimate reason to alter my plan, maybe Baby G will come on his own this week!
  • Options
    Just got back from my 38 week appt, I fainted in the Dr office... I didn't know what was going on, got dizzy, everything was getting dark and I couldn't hear.. Was a little scary. Also I lost 5 pounds
  • Options
    house86 said:

Just got back from my 38 week appt, I fainted in the Dr office... I didn't know what was going on, got dizzy, everything was getting dark and I couldn't hear.. Was a little scary. Also I lost 5 pounds

So what happened? You ok?
  • Options
    @house86 scary!!! Hope your not too sore today!
  • Options
    @HisSunshineLove Don't just assume it's negative, ask at your next appointment. Im negative this time, but with my last pregnancy, I was tested at 36 weeks and was told nothing for the next 4 appointments (was over due) so I assumed it was negative, and when I went to the hospital in labor they told me I was.
  • Options
    I'm not sure what happened, When the Dr was finished listening to the baby's heartbeat, I sat up, her and my mother were talking and everything just started going dark and I could hardly hear them. I was told to go home and rest so that's what I'm doing, my c section Tuesday can't come soon enough lol
  • Options

I'm going in this afternoon for a level 2 u/s at a perinatologist. My post yesterday stated that at my 36 w growth scan, her head was measuring 2 weeks smaller. No doubt, I'm freaking out despite my OB trying to reassure me that it could just be a wrong measurement or the way baby was laying....

Anyways, I'm nervous, it's still 5 hrs away, and I'm trying to be productive at work... what a joke. lol

Keep us posted. Thoughts and prayers your way.
  • Options
    38+5 Just finished my weekly appointment. Nothing exciting, just a routine 15 minute appointment. Still have not had a cervical check, but my midwife doesn't seem concerned. Kind of annoyed with this whole end of the road process.
  • Options
    klkonwiklkonwi member
    edited June 2015
    @starrysmile18 thinking Of you. Anticipation is the worst !
  • Options
    @starrysmile18 Wishing you and LO all the best. And here's hoping the time goes quickly so you don't have to worry so much during the wait. I'm sorry you have to go through this right now
  • Options
    @starrysmile18 Sending you and LO thoughts and prayers!

I just had my weekly checkup... 39w3d and I'm one centimeter dilated, cervix is still long, but soft. Everything else seemed fine (weight, blood pressure, baby's heart rate, etc). I'm scheduled to be induced two weeks from today (June 17th) if baby doesn't come sooner. Finally a light at the end of the tunnel!
  • Options

I'm going in this afternoon for a level 2 u/s at a perinatologist. My post yesterday stated that at my 36 w growth scan, her head was measuring 2 weeks smaller. No doubt, I'm freaking out despite my OB trying to reassure me that it could just be a wrong measurement or the way baby was laying....

Anyways, I'm nervous, it's still 5 hrs away, and I'm trying to be productive at work... what a joke. lol

Praying for good results!
  • Options
    @starrysmile18 praying for great results!
  • Options
    Just had my 37 week apt . Dilated to 2cm but I'm having a hard time gaining/keeping weight on. The dr says since it's just a small amount baby should be fine. The one time in life where I try to gain is the one time I'm loosing it lol.
  • Options

if it is a girl. then damn ive got some self esteem issues to deal with.

That is just one of the issues I've been dealing with. I think raising a girl will be so much harder than DS.
  • Options
    Just got home from my appt. 40+1. Nothing much going on. He is very low and barely dialated. Did not do a sweep because she did not feel it would be effective. Scheduling an induction for Monday or Tuesday of next week.
  • Options
    Went to the OB this morning and was sent to the hospital for induction because of preeclampsia. 37w 2d hoping everything to go alright never had any problems the whole pregnancy till today. Nervous waiting in hospital now.
  • Options

Went to the OB this morning and was sent to the hospital for induction because of preeclampsia. 37w 2d hoping everything to go alright never had any problems the whole pregnancy till today. Nervous waiting in hospital now.

Good luck!!
  • Options

so.. appointment went fine. no qtips up my anal. buuuut... my sister asked the doctor what he thinks it is and he says it a girl.. so much for team green then.. not totally crushed, just annoyed (not at the gender, that she asked that)

That would make me mad, that he just tells your sister flat out without bothering to ask you first. I mean, at this point if she doesn't know, its pretty obvious its by design on your part, right? So he just tells someone else something about your pregnancy without even asking you? [-( I mean, obviously she is someone important to you, being in there at the appointment with you, but still. YOU are his patient. I'm annoyed by this. Well, congrats on team pink. And try not to worry about self esteem, you're gonna do great.

@starrysmile18 hope you got good news!

@trytry38ever good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mellymar said:

so.. appointment went fine. no qtips up my anal. buuuut... my sister asked the doctor what he thinks it is and he says it a girl.. so much for team green then.. not totally crushed, just annoyed (not at the gender, that she asked that)

That would make me mad, that he just tells your sister flat out without bothering to ask you first. I mean, at this point if she doesn't know, its pretty obvious its by design on your part, right? So he just tells someone else something about your pregnancy without even asking you? [-( I mean, obviously she is someone important to you, being in there at the appointment with you, but still. YOU are his patient. I'm annoyed by this. Well, congrats on team pink. And try not to worry about self esteem, you're gonna do great.

@starrysmile18 hope you got good news!

@trytry38ever good luck!
    actually the only reason we didnt know is because at the 2nd U/S where i was 20 weeks, the baby was curled up in the fetal position facing my spine. so the tech couldnt even see it. we havent had another U/S until at the appointment earlier where he checked if baby was head down. im not really bothered though, DH really wanted to know, just wish he would have been there to hear it. and from what ive heard this doctor is sometimes not the most accurate in that field, so who knows. not like we will force gender roles anyways :P
  • Options
    @JessHeppell well that makes it easier to take, that y'all weren't team green by choice. OK, then, I'll forgive your Dr ;)
  • Options
    kaila8kaila8 member
    Just got back from my appointment. Finally dilated some! (All of 1cm...hah) everything else looks perfect. He swept my membranes to try and get some progress. Scheduled an induction for Tuesday if she doesn't come on her own by then!!!! Exciting but scary now that we have an official end to this! Kinda freaking out on the inside, not gonna lie! Oh and btw, my membrane sweep hurt like a mofo!!!!
  • Options
    een23een23 member
    Had my appointment at 38w4d. OB said I'm making good progress from last week: 1cm dilated and 70% effaced. She also said that the baby is much lower than last week. I'm very excited to hear that we're moving in the right direction! Everything is looking good for baby and me which is very reassuring to hear.

@trytry38ever good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker