Preemies
Options

Messy bottle feedings?

I'm so delighted to share that my LO is HOME! He came home yesterday with no complications, the day before his due date! 

We're on 60mls/2oz of 27 calorie supplemented breastmilk for at least 6-7 of his feedings during the day (I can breastfeed once or twice until he starts gaining more weight, then more breast!), and he's eagerly taking a bottle and finishing everything, but he's a MESS with the bottle, dribbling and spilling. It's hard to tell if he's getting enough actually in his tummy!

On the contrary, at the breast he's a very tidy eater!

Any thoughts? Nipple suggestions?
Ben Louis, born March 20, 2015 @ 11:50PM. Delivered by c-section at 32 weeks and 6 days due to mother's pre-eclampsia. Doing brilliantly in NICU!

Handstamped, custom jewelry from Charmedseed... grown just for you!

Re: Messy bottle feedings?

• Options
    My guy is the same way. We just had to experiment with nipples until we found the one with the least amount of spillage for him. Ended up with a Dr Brown Level 1 nipple. It was strange that it worked better for him than the slower preemie nipple but whatever works! Good luck and congrats!
  • Options
    Miraculously he seems to have mastered the bottle! We're also using Dr. Brown's. We're still on the preemie nipple, and he's taking 3oz at a feeding, almost every three hours!
    Ben Louis, born March 20, 2015 @ 11:50PM. Delivered by c-section at 32 weeks and 6 days due to mother's pre-eclampsia. Doing brilliantly in NICU!

Handstamped, custom jewelry from Charmedseed... grown just for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We couldn't find any nipples that worked. I ended up ordering the hospital disposable nipples and those are the only ones my twins don't drool everywhere on...