August 2015 Moms
Options

Recognizing grandmas at my baby shower

I know there is a baby shower board on The Bump, but I thought I would ask my fellow August mamas what your thoughts are.

I wanted to do something special at my shower this Sunday to recognize my mom (who is hosting the shower at her house) and my MIL. I was originally thinking a small corsage but I'm not sure how they would feel about wearing one around all day. Have you ever seen anything done before or do you have any ideas to share? Thanks for your time :) Hope you're all still feeling good!

Re: Recognizing grandmas at my baby shower

• Options
    Since my mom passed away I did this for my MIL and grandma at my wedding, definitely made them feel special on an already amazing day:) go for it!
  • Options
    Yes, a corsage is a common practice
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A public thank you and then afterwards you could give them both a hostess gift.
  • Options
    I don't speak to my mother , but my mil is hosting the baby shower and will be giving her thankyou card as well as flowers
  • Options
    I bought my mom and mil a Alex and ani bracelet for a "thank you"
  • Options
    I didn't do anything at the shower other than a public thank you but did give my hostesses thank you gifts the next day. For my mom, it was a couple of decor items for their new beach house and for my friend, cute baking stuff as she loves baking.