Baby Names
Options

Baby #3 (Edited... Just got BFP!)

g8trkimg8trkim member
edited June 2015 in Baby Names
DH and I are expecting #3. We like short names with family MNs. Kids are Grant Irving and Brynn Lula. I really want baby #3 to honor my mom (Donna Lee). Our last name starts with C and sounds like Rocco.

Boys: (I like Reid and DH likes Cole but both sound weird with Lee)
Jude Lee
James Lee... FILs MN which would be cool but I really don't care for popular names
Drake Lee
Pierce Lee

Girls:
Claire Donna/Lee
Faith Donna/Lee
Paige Donna/Lee
Tess Donna/Lee

There are some other names I like but they sound too close to my other kids. Thoughts? Other suggestions?

Re: Baby #3 (Edited... Just got BFP!)

• Options
    I don't like 2 one syllable names together. I think if you want to use Lee you need a 2 or 3 syllable first name.
  • Options
    LOVE Jude and Tess.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Donald Lee for a boy.
    Lena (Donna and lee combined)
  • Options
    I would also suggest short two syllable names for the first name to go with Lee.

Grant, Brynn, and...

Andrew
    Caleb
    Ian
    Kyle
    Miles
    Owen

Audra
    Cora
    Ruby
    Thea

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Like previous suggestion of Audra... Audra Lee flows nicely.

Paige Lee also works well.

How about Devon Lee for a girl or Devin Lee for a boy? This name works for either sex and would also keep the initials the same as your mom's full name, and it flows with Lee as well. 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    g8trkimg8trkim member
    We're open to two syllable names just don't want one with a nickname. I really like Miles but am a little hesitant because our neighbors have a Miles the same age as our kids. I love Isla but not how it sounds with the MNs.

• Options
    I don't think any of the girls names work with the mn Donna, and I know you said you wanted to use it as a middle name...but I think if you flipped it around and used Donna Paige or Donna faith or Donna with any of the other names would sound better.

And I think james lee is the best of the boys names.
  • Options
    Also I like the suggestion someone made of Donald lee for a boy.
  • Options
    Brock Lee. I kid, I kid. I like Jude and Claire.
  • Options
    g8trkimg8trkim member
    edited May 2015
    I don't think any of the girls names work with the mn Donna, and I know you said you wanted to use it as a middle name...but I think if you flipped it around and used Donna Paige or Donna faith or Donna with any of the other names would sound better. And I think james lee is the best of the boys names.
    I don't want to use Donna as a first name. My mom is still alive. I could use Lee for a girls MN though. I go back and forth about James. I like it but I wish it wasn't so popular.

• Options
    g8trkimg8trkim member
    Oh, and I really like Ezra as well but I'm worried it's about to jump on board the trendy train.

• Options
    Ezra is popular but not trendy. A classic Biblical name is never trendy, IMO. 

If you like Biblical names then be sure to peruse this site, BTN-Biblical.
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    g8trkimg8trkim member
    edited June 2015
    brita722 said:

True. Trendy was the wrong word. But I'm worried it's about to get really popular. Ezra goes well with Grant and Brynn, right?

Also, what about Elise Donna?

• Options
    I like Jude and Claire best of your choices. I like the sentiment of giving the middle name after your mom more than I care about the perfect flow of the names. I think Jude Lee sounds nice, and Claire Lee or Claire Donna sound fine. Plus Claire goes great with your sibset. Second choices would be Pierce and Paige.
  • Options
    g8trkim said:
    brita722 said:

True. Trendy was the wrong word. But I'm worried it's about to get really popular. Ezra goes well with Grant and Brynn, right?

Also, what about Elise Donna?
    Honestly, with your other two children's names I think James or Jude would fit better than Ezra. However, after more consideration I feel that Pierce would also be a great fit too. And, I also stand by my previous suggestion of Devon or Devin (works for either sex) because I really think it pairs with your sib set easily. 

I love Elise Donna! Perfect!
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Options
    I think I'm feeling Elise the most too @brita722. I have a friend with an Elise but we're not very close and live in different cities now so it's not really an issue. Not a fan of Devin/Devon. I've had a couple students with that name and it was ruined for me.

• Options
    LNic5LNic5 member
    I think Pierce fits well with your other kids names and I think I like Tess the most of the girls names. I really like the suggestion of Audra

Gemma
    Aria
    Demi
    Adele
    Kyla
    Kendall
    Callista
    Eden
    Willa
    Rayna

One syllable names

Wren
    Shay/Shea
    Reese
    Gwen
    Elle
    Brooke
    Britt
    Belle
    Maeve

Boys

Gage
    Chase
    Heath
    Seth
    Lane
    Finn
    Brooks
    Blake
    Tate
    Beau
  • Options
    Congrats!  I also just got a BFP:)  We will be due near each other.  

I have a Pierce and Isla would have been Grant if she was a boy.  Grant is still on our list, but now we are considering Jude, Graeme, and Henry (Hank).  I don't love how popular Henry is (similar feel to James), but I do love the nn Hank and it's still pretty obscure.  

I love Claire and Paige.  What about Pearl? Maeve?  Carys?

You could also use Donald as a mn for boy choices.  i.e. I think Pierce Donald would be awesome!  I struggle with the 2 one syllable names myself.  Our guy is Pierce Dean.  It grew on me over time.