Multiples

Cloth diapering twins

blsav23blsav23 member
edited April 2015 in Multiples
has anyone cloth diapered their twins? I was really set on cloth diapering but since finding out I'm having twins, I wonder if this is too far fetched? Any thoughts?

Edit: I would DEFINITELY be using a diaper service.
DH & I married 12/17/2012
Me (31)-dx w/PCOS 2007, when married to ex-husband after MC
DH (41)-no MFI
07/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI= chem preg ;(
08/2014-Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
09/2014-Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI + 2nd trigger= BFN
10/2014-benched due to RE out of town, tying naturally!
11/2014-benched due to cyst
12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
09/28/2015- Surprise!  Conrad and Hudson born at 35w6d!  

Re: Cloth diapering twins

• We used and still use cloth diapers for DS. It really isn't that much work. Our routine is they always get sprayed for a bm as soon as possible and get rinsed every night. Then every second night they go through a full wash that's 2:11 min.
    After the first few months we plan to switch tour twins. We have to wait to potty train DS and simply wash a full load everyday or I'll have to buy more cloth diapers. We currently have about 13 covers and 25 inserts.
    So we haven't tried it yet but plan to
  • Totally doable. You and partner do need to be comited (it's not a ton of effort but the extra laundry is no fun when you're tired). There aren't any diaper services available where we live though - it would potentially be easier.
  • Loading the player...
  • I will be doing it as soon as my twins can fit in the OS Flips I bought. They don't fit newborns but it's fine bc we got tons of free diapers from the hospital & friends that should last til they're a little bigger. By then they should be on a better schedule too so I'll actually have time to do laundry. They're only 2wks old now.
  • I have cloth diapered my 13 month old twins since they were newborns. I used newborn diapers and then one size, never a diaper service. I really don't think it's a big deal. DH and I both work full time and we just do a load of diapers tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. Totally doable and worth it for us. Let me know if you have any specific question
  • Ahh!! Thanks everyone! Sounds like it really could be a feasible option. What kind of container did you keep the dirty ones in until you washed them @SmallCityLiving ?
    DH (41)-no MFI
    12/2014-Femara 5mg + stair step with additional 5 days Femara 5mg + trigger + IUI=BFN
    01/2015-Femara 5mg + Gonal F 25 units + trigger (plus additional Gonal F 100 units on trigger night) + IUI= BFP!!! Twins due 10/2015
  • I know I am a little late to answer this and I am not sure if you posted on the cloth diaper board but we cloth diaper our twins! Its a breeze and I love it! They are 18 months and we have yet to do disposables. We do fitteds ( brands Goodmama and Twinkie Tush) and Wool ( 100% Sloomb here because its so soft and amazing). When we are using pockets we use either ragababe, charlie banana, or moraki. There are a few other random brands mixed in there too but for the most part thats what our stash consists of. I have about 100 or so diapers 50% fitted the other are PUL options and 29 pairs of sloomb pants and some shorties. I have just a plain garbage pail from Walmart I toss them in. Nothing special. Wash every other day and good to go! I will post a set up when I get the chance but its pretty straight forward. I keep all my diapers in a 6 drawer dresser that doubles as a changing station. We havent had diaper rash yet and I think its from no chemicals that touch their little bottoms. I also use cloth wipes that are obv (organic bamboo velour) from good mama they are the best! 

Together 6 wonderful years.
    TTC #1 18 months 1 loss DX unexplained IF-- BFP July 2009-- ITS A BOY
    TTC #2 3 years and 3 losses DX PCOS -- BFP April 2013-- TWIN BOYS!
    ~DS1-Feb 2010~ 
    ~DS2&3- Nov 2013  {7 weeks early}~ TTC #4~
  • Thanks for this post! I really wanted to cloth diaper but just found out I am having twins too so it made me re-think it. So glad to know its definately doable!

Me (38) & DH (48).  Married since 5/5/13, TTC since then!

MFI - low counts, low motility

IUI #1:  6/28/14

• We cloth diapered our twins for a while. The drought in CA is bad so we stopped but it was doable if your partner is committed.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DrD30DrD30 member
    edited May 2015
    We tried a diaper sevice where you have to do a diaper then a cover. That was terrible, it was like putting two diapers on every time.

We have been doing the ones where you have a cover and insert which you clean yourself for a couple weeks. I love them so far. They are just as fast and are more absorbant than disposables.

The brand we are using is Applecheeks.
  • We bought hampers to put pail liners in but we ended up just hanging the pail liners off the handle of the dresser and it works for us. We love it and even my husband (who was skeptical) admits it's easy. We never have poop blowouts, no diaper rash, and we've saved so much money.
  • Thanks, everyone! Just when I thought it wouldn't be possible, you have all motivated me so much!!!
    DH (41)-no MFI
  • Wow this thread has me really considering it. My son is almost 13 so I haven't had to think about this kind of stuff in a long while. Being that it's chemical free and saves money I'm all for it. Time to start researching.
    1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

Due date 1/16/16 with our twins!