July 2015 Moms
Options

Desperately sick this whole last tri! Help!

For the last five or so weeks I've been vomiting like crazy (didn't have bad ms in the beginning so what a nice surprise!). I've already been to the ER three times. OB has thrown everything at me - pump inhibitors, Pepcid, zofran, suppositories, diet change. They've had to keep me to give me lots of IV fluids and shots and nothing works. Occasionally I keep stuff down, but it's not often and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what stays down (I barf up water but not soda, I barf up saltines but not spicy food). And unfortunately I can't keep down any of the medications they gave me to help me or any of the other meds I need to take every day. The doc doesn't seem to know what to do w me (although I think I'll bring it up when I see her again on Thursday). Anyone have any suggestions? I feel terrible saying it but this makes me want this pregnancy over w ASAP.

Re: Desperately sick this whole last tri! Help!

• Options
    Have you tried seabands? They're a pressure point bracelet, might help some. I would look into making electrolyte ice cubes that you can suck on so you don't get dehydrated.
  • Options
    I have been having morning sickness, dry heaving and throwing up since first trimester and I take unisom for it. It just makes it tolerable. I still dry heave and throw up, just not as much. I have tried sea bands and it didn't work. Drinking lots of fluids helps and eating certain foods that don't trigger helps.