Baby Names
Options

Theodore Joseph

So after months and months of back and forth with DH I think we have finally found a name for our little boy. The only objection he has is that he is not a fan of the nickname Theo, no particular reason, he just doesn't like it. I think it's no big deal, I figure we'll call him Teddy when he's young and at some point if he wants to be called something different that will be up to the little guy. Any other suggestions to minimize DHs concern with a nickname he doesn't like?

Re: Theodore Joseph

• Options
    Your husband doesn't have to use Theo. My parents always call me by my full name and everyone else used my nn.

• Options
    Theodore Joseph is an amazing name for starters. And as stated above, your husband doesn't have to use Theo. He can just use Theodore. My father has never called me anything but Elizabeth or E-Beth (goofy inside family nickname), but my mom has often called me Lizzy. Ultimately, your son will be the one to determine what he wants people to call him, and I'm certain when that time comes, your husband will be fine with it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Theater Joseph is great. It was actually a top contender on our list for our son, but we ended up going with Peter Joseph. I personally have always liked Teddy more than Theo, Theo wasn't really a nickname we had ever planned on using, had we gone with Theodore.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    love it
  • Options
    We have a Theodore, who almost exclusively goes by Theo. FWIW, we've gotten a lot of compliments on his name. DH wasn't wild about the nn Theo at first, but now we couldn't imagine it any other way. Teddy is also a great nn, and lends itself to Ted when he's older.
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    Theodore is a great name, and I LOVE the nickname Teddy.  I don't think you'll have much of a problem with people calling him Theo. You can always introduce him as Teddy, so that strangers won't even attempt to call him Theo.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    Great name, and there is nothing wrong with using his full name. 
  • Options
    Love the name!! We have a dog named Teddy (he had the bear look) and my FIL randomly started calling him Theo. :)
  • Options
    Love Theodore and LOVE Teddy - I prefer this nn to Theo, as well.
  • Options
    Great name.
    I wouldn't worry about the nn. We thought we would call DD by her nn but we almost always use her formal name or some term of endearment.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Find something you both like :)