VBAC
Options

anyone VBA2C after failed VBAC? ***got kinda long, sorry...***

Has anyone had a successful VBA2C after an unsuccessful VBAC?

I had a c/s in 2010, DS was breach and I was too stupid to know better. Now I have a new OB who is supportive of VBAMC. I attempted a VBAC in 2013 but even though I made it to 10cm my pelvic bones weren't separating enough and despite a very aggressive attempt by the OB to help (my husband jokes that he was a little traumatized watching her try to help) I ended up in the OR due to fetal distress during pushing. I was actually rushed to the OR initially due to unsuccessful attempts to find the fetal heart rate after 2 hours of pushing. Once we were at the OR she did urge me to continue to push while they set up to try to avoid the need for a c/s but it just wasn't happening and I was so exhausted I just didn't have the strength. It was a pit-induced labor but given that I'd been struggling with HBP and protein in my urine since 32 weeks. I was monitored with weekly 24-hour urine tests for protein as well as blood work. My OB called right as I hit my due date and suggested inducing at 40 weeks because my protein jumped 1000 mg in 1 week (to close to 3000 mg, max in pregnancy should be 300 mg). Anyway, sorry for the long story but hoping to hear some success stories from ladies who failed to VBAC but then were able to VBAMC later.

DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~

Re: anyone VBA2C after failed VBAC? ***got kinda long, sorry...***

• Options
    I was wondering the same thing. Both my csections were because of failure to progress. They were both inductions so I just keep wondering if we threw in the towel too early or if my body wasn't ready. I would love to have a VBA2C.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I have read tons of VBA2C stories on the ICAN facebook page and on birthwithoutfearblog.com. Do you have a local ICAN group? There is hope!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love birth without fear!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm attempting VBA2C within the next few weeks... DS1 was born by CS at 42 weeks after 3 failed inductions. No medical problems for either of us. DS2 was born by CS at 39 weeks after spontaneous labour with ROM (VBAC attempt) but failure to progress. No medical problems for either of us.
    My OB says that sometimes we don't have a really good reason for why things don't work out but that there's no reason why I can't do a TOLAC. So... I'm going to attempt again!
  • Options
    I'm in a facebook group where there are TONS of moms who have had successful VBACs after 2 CS; a few even had home VBACs. So if your doctor is ok with you trying I say go for it! I believe I'v read that it's still safer to have a VBA2C than it is to have a 3rd CS. 

And @jesselayne8 good luck! I remember your profile pic from the December 2011 mom group :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    I found a good source for some stats on TOLAC and VBAC from my area's health board. It gives you an idea of which situations are more likely to result in successful VBAC vs which scenarios will decrease your chances. Worth a peek! https://www.albertahealthservices.ca/hp/if-hp-cfm-trial-of-labour-after-caesarean-birth.pdf