Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Storing breast milk

so my baby is 10 weeks now, I breastfeed with the occasional bottle and can't seem to figure out the whole storing your milk thing. I nurse practically all day and pump when I get a chance. When I do pump I don't get any more than an ounce at a time. I've tried all different times of the day and I've tried all different techniques and have done a lot of research and can't seem to get it down. I hate giving her formula when I do give her a bottle. I've tried contacting my LC and haven't heard back so time being I need HEEELPPP!!!!

Re: Storing breast milk

• Options
    cataa12cataa12 member
    Hello! A technique that has worked for me is to nurse in the morning and then take a hot shower. Then after the shower I pump! It's been giving me about 4-6 ounces. Hope it works for you too!
  • Options
    If you haven't heard back from your LC try La Leche League. Check it out, my local chapter leader was a much bigger help than my hospitals LC, who in every other aspect was amazing but I needed more help and Leche is a great support and full of valuable info!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Can you tell if you have very much milk when you try pumping? If you're sure you do it sounds like a let down problem. Try running through that first speed a second time and massaging. Or hand express to let down. But remember it's nipple stimulation for let down(that's what the lc told me) or maybe record baby crying and okay that when you start pumping. Good luck
  • Options
    tchat1tchat1 member
    I can only get an ounce too. What works for me is nursing my baby on one side for minute then switch her and pump on that side she just nursed on. So Im pumping and nursing at the same time. Then I switch sides and pump and fed. I get at least 5 ounces this way. This works only in the morning or afternoon. I can only get an ounce at bedtime this way though.