Adoption

Adoption agencies

i know this board isn't very active, but I'm seeking an adoption agency to work with. The reviews online are generally mixed good and bad. I'm a birth mother so it's tough. Everyone will promise you the world. Any recommendations will be gladly excepted.

Re: Adoption agencies

• Yea this board used to be wayy more active. :(

It depends on where you are located.  I am an adoptive parent and actually didn't work with an agency. I used parentprofiles.com so a suggestion for you is to go there and look through some couples' profiles.  If you find someone you like, they can help you with the attorney, paperwork, etc.
    I can't speak much for agencies but am sure there are plenty of resources out there to help you decide.  Good luck!
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wish this board was active again. I'm an adoptive mom in NC but we went through our local county DSS because there aren't many good agencies near us.
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies I appreciate the help!!
  • I need the same help, only I'm looking to adopt. I've looked online and there are so many with promises it's hard to know which ones are real!
  • meem81 said:

I need the same help, only I'm looking to adopt. I've looked online and there are so many with promises it's hard to know which ones are real!

Any chance you're from North Carolina? If so, send me a PM.  Otherwise, I'd just try to find resources and references in your area to help you make this decision.  Good luck!

Our Little Miracle
  • @crene84, are you in NC too?
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• @crene84, are you in NC too?

Yes, near Raleigh and I have quite a few resources and info for anyone in NC.

Our Little Miracle
  • crene84 said:

@crene84, are you in NC too?

Yes, near Raleigh and I have quite a few resources and info for anyone in NC.
    Great! I'm only about am hour from Raleigh. If our situation doesn't work out I may be asking for your help!

Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• Does anyone know of either any good ones in Arizona or do you know if they have to always be local?
    My husband and I are currently TTC but also attending an adoption/foster seminar soon to find out more about that also. We would love to do both, or whichever works out and is meant to be :)
  • onegoodthingonegoodthing member
    edited May 2015
    Removing info after sending direct message
  • Did you find an agency, onegoodthing? 

My husband and I are in the process of adopting in Las Vegas and I'm a research lunatic so I've done a bunch of research on agencies in Nevada and nearby because we're open to adopting in neighboring states as well, basically anywhere within driving distance. I'm not sure where you're located but if it's in the Southwest area I may be able to offer some insights from the adoptive parent side, which I know is totally not the same as the expectant mom side of things but the research I've done has been keeping in mind that I would want any mother who placed with us to be well cared for too so hopefully I have some good agencies in this area.

I've also looked into a few national/independent ones as well. 

If you're still looking for an agency and want to chat, let me know. Best to you. <3 
  • Thanks so much! I've actually teamed up with a private attorney who specializes in adoption. Meeting a family Sunday hoping it goes well. I was researching agencies and got extremely discouraged. They were all so pushy. Wouldn't really talk to me unless I signed up with them. Annoying.
  • @onegoodthing, can you message me some details about getting am adoption lawyer amd how you found a family? Thank you so much!
    Carly

Birdie born 05/01/2007

Potato Launcher

• km110km110 member
    Adoption choices of Texas is amazing to work with! We hated adoption choices of Nevada
  • Hey everyone- my husband and I are interested in adoption. @onegoodthing could you send me a pm about how your private adoption went? We've made contact with an adoption lawyer but I'm a bit nervous about finding a birth mother, wait time, cost, etc.