July 2015 Moms
Options

is anyone going for a wax before birth?

How long before your due date should you wax? I'm scared of waiting too long and going into labour and having my unmaintained landscape on show! Also scared of doing it to early and the hair is back by the time of labour and having to shave anyway

Re: is anyone going for a wax before birth?

• Options
    Im in the same position! Dont know when to do this! I started thinking that I would just go shave as soon as I went into labour but its impossible with this huge bump in the way! I just figure I'll go 2 weeks before its due and even if baby is overdue and it grows back it wont be so much! Im sure the midwives wont care anyway they'll have seen all sorts!
  • Options
    I've been waxing this entire pregnancy. Was told at my late pregnancy class that we shouldn't wax after 35 weeks. So I'll go in at 34 weeks for the last session...

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh I've been trying not to think too much about it lol. I try to shave myself and do a hack job lmao since I can't see a damn thing just doing it blind. I've been told they don't care bit its a personal preference for me. I moss waxes but all extra money has been for baby things. So I figure I'll just keep up the every week and a half two week hack job routine till baby boy comes :)
  • Options
    I was just thinking about this at 2am when I couldn't sleep!! I was thinking I didn't want to be shaved for the CS! Get out of my brain!
  • Options
    Made a deal with my hubby that if go into labor and I'm not shaved he will do it for me before we go to the hospital! I try to keep tidy but I'm doing it blind! Lol
  • Options
    Honestly, the doctor is not going to care and neither will you lol Trust me.
  • Options
    mnj05mnj05 member
    I couldn't reach so I didn't with DS1, not even legs and it had been a week or so. The doctors and nurses don't care, they have bigger things to worry about. If I can't reach with this one, I won't worry about it this time either.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Options
    v2i3vv2i3v member
    We did our hospital tour last night and this was a question asked at the end. The nurse said after 36 weeks we should not wax/shave. She did not give a reason as to why though.
  • Options
    I have been thinking about this as well! Guess it is next week or never! I wasn't thinking about doing it because of the attention that down there is going to get, but for the ease of cleaning while in recovery and wearing pads.   Medical professionals don't care one bit, but I want to easily and gently clean myself after. Just my thought.
  • Options
    v2i3v said:

We did our hospital tour last night and this was a question asked at the end. The nurse said after 36 weeks we should not wax/shave. She did not give a reason as to why though.

I've heard shaving causes little micro tears in the skin making you more likely to develop an infection.
  • Options
    v2i3v said:

It can increase risk of infection due to tiny, microscopic tears in skin...

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    @erinnlou lol... Just saw your post right after I posted

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    Can't say this is something that has crossed my mind to worry about :S lol but I've never been a good shaver in the first place. Except my arm pits, I try to shave those quite often ha.
  • Options
    I just think it'll be easier for cleaning purposes postpartum... I can also care less about the docs and RNs, lol

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Options
    Trim yes. shave or wax? Nope.
  • Options
    I think waxing and shaving is the most uncomfortable thing you could do to yourself!!!  Your lady parts are about to go through some trauma -- do you really want itchy pubes and ingrown hairs as your are trying to heal?  Plus, infections!!!
  • Options
    I've got appts on June 18 and July 21 (due July 26).
    Anniversary
  • Options
    afm27afm27 member
    I am. For sure. Like, literally a few days before my due date. By the time your legs are damn near above your head, you're sweating, grunting and possibly pooping on yourself, I want to hold onto the one tiny little morsel of dignity I still have. So yes. My waxing lady knows to expect me one more time before the big day!
  • Options
    I've been waxing my legs but to heck with my lady parts...everyone is just going to have to deal!
  • Options
    32 weeks. Went for a wax today - I swear it's not painful since I've been pregnant! Booked in for 2 weeks before Due date... Wishful thinking he might be a few days early?!
  • Options
    bnk2012bnk2012 member
    I went for a wax last week @ 33w3d- full legs & bikini--I asked about a Brazilian and my wax lady said no way lol. I think she was nervous anyway because when I got home I noticed a lot of spots she missed, mostly on the backs of my legs, I guess because that is the part you usually lay on your stomach for. I've ended up having to shave the last few days anyway, just so the stubble doesn't annoy me.

I did it with the thought that I wouldn't have to think about it postpartum (having twin boys any day now) but it didn't work out that way lol. I guess I'll do the best I can after I get home from the hospital-I have a feeling shaving might not be a top priority then tho haha
  • Options
    I have an apt for next weekend (4weeks out) and plan to go one more time before baby comes if possible!
  • Options
    Last time I went for a full wax a few days before .... And a spray tan =))

The wax was a good idea- with all the stitches and mess- the last thing I would have wanted would be any hair.

The spray tan was a stupid idea - it went all patchy as I laboured in the the shower for many many hours

I just wanted to look pretty for labour lmao
  • Options
    I wax as maintenance so I'm just going to keep up with it. I'm an RN and trust me, we don't care about your pubic hair status. It will be the least of things to worry about down there during labor.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Options
    NumajawaraNumajawara member
    edited June 2015
    @mrsreidarson lol that is so funny!! Omg its like I can picture the whole scene in my head lol =))