2nd Trimester

Freaking out, Tylenol!!!

i have a cold and my head feels like it's going to explode. My mom told me Tylenol is safe, the paper from my obgyn says Tylenol is safe and so don't other people online says it's safe. I'm freaking out! I hate hate hate the thought of taking pills when pregnant. I have been feeling my baby move quite a bit lately and thankfully I go to the Drs tomorrow but I am a major worry wart, is this going to affect my baby? I only took one! It's regular strength with acepthomin. I even asked my boyfriend how he felt with me taking it and he said if the paper the Des gave you says it's fine, then take it. I know I shouldn't have taken it because now I'm freaking! I need some advice, positivity, reassurance that it is ok!!!! Please &I thank you

Re: Freaking out, Tylenol!!!

• You are fine as long as you take it as directed.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I take Tylenol as directed and it's fine. You can ask your OB for a list of medications that are safe to take while pregnant.
  • Loading the player...
  • You OB has been doing this for years. They know what is safe/not safe during pregnancy. Trust them. Regular Tylenol taken as directed is perfectly fine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Why are you asking us if your OB said it was ok? I took Tylenol multiple times in my first and second trimester with no issues. I actually took it every 4-6 hours for a day or two at one point when I had the flu and needed to keep my fever down. You are fine
  • rue:Drue:D member
    Yes, regular Tylenol/acetaminophen is fine - it's the other painkillers that aren't.
  • You are fine. Calm down...you're stressing me out with your panic! Seriously, Tylenol is fine to take as directed. You're probably causing your baby more harm by having unnecessary meltdowns than taking one little pill. Deep breaths!
  • Dr told me to take sudefed that Tylenol will not help with my symptoms
  • angpat85 said:

Dr told me to take sudefed that Tylenol will not help with my symptoms

Ok. But this doesn't mean Tylenol was harmful, just the wrong medication for your symptoms
  • I'm with you on that. They PROMISE it's safe though and i don't judge a mum that chooses to take them. Most women i know have taken them throughout their pregnancy and their kids are fine. 
  • rue:D said:
    Yes, regular Tylenol/acetaminophen is fine - it's the other painkillers that aren't.
    Why?

I keep googling why. And it just says "It is."

No white papers or anything.. 
  • rue:D said:
    Why?

I keep googling why. And it just says "It is."

No white papers or anything.. 
    Increased risk of bleeding with NSAIDs, that would be off the top of my head for most. 
  • Thank you both :)