February 2015 Moms

How to make baby sleep more

My 10 week old baby doesnt sleep much durong the day. He sleeps in my arms and i lay him fown but he wakes up after 30 minutes. I lay him down in the swing and at night he sleeps in between us on top of a pillow. His last feeding is at 11 and wakes up every 2 hours. He eats about 3 oz every 2 hours. Every time he poops he gets it all over his clothes!

Best Answers

• junebugjamjunebugjam member
    Answer ✓
    Swaddle him. Offer milk every hour before bed if he won't take it all at once (9:00, 10:00, 11:00) 11 is late too. My baby is 11 weeks and is asleep for the night by 8 pm. Have you tried putting him to sleep earlier? I usually get one 4-6 hour block of sleep out of him and the rest of the night varies. Babies wake up more frequently when they're overtired.
    j & m
    married July 2012
    My Angel - Amelia Hope - 3/13/14, 22 weeks
    BFP #2 - 6/10/14     Hoping for our rainbow baby    due February 2015

• Loading the player...

Answers

• reyes95reyes95 member
    He wont take more formula ive tried giving him 5oz and he refuses to finish it. I laid him in his crib and he woke up ig he just likes being in my arms
  • reyes95reyes95 member
    He usually taked a feeding around 9pm and falls asleep but wakes after an hour or less. Im going to try and sleep him by 8pm
  • reyes95reyes95 member
    Is it his bedding maybe? I extend a blanket by my bed and he sleeps on it. His nursery and crib is on the other side of the house so im not ready for him to sleep so far away maybe until he starts sleeping for long hours... Should i try and put him down at night in his crib?
  • 2Swanns2Swanns member
    Not sure what you mean by "extend a blanket". I use a Rock 'n Play next to my bed and it works great. I've heard from many others who have had success with the Rock 'n Play as well. I don't use a blanket because of the safety hazard, so I put my baby in a sleep sack at night.

• mrlarprmrlarpr member
    edited May 2015
    Yeah what is extend a blanket? Is baby on the floor on a blanket?
  • EK71183EK71183 member
    Can your baby lift his head good? If so you may try putting him on his belly to sleep. I know they say its not safe etc etc. well we all survived that way fyi. They use to say belly to sleep. My baby and I both have been getting way more sleep since I've been doing that. She will not sleep on her back. It was scary at first and I'd stay awake but she has good neck control so she lifts her head and moves in her sleep. Just a thought.... I know I'll probably get criticized for say that but oh well. Only way my baby would sleep without me holding her
  • mrlarprmrlarpr member
    EK71183 said:

Can your baby lift his head good? If so you may try putting him on his belly to sleep. I know they say its not safe etc etc. well we all survived that way fyi. They use to say belly to sleep. My baby and I both have been getting way more sleep since I've been doing that. She will not sleep on her back. It was scary at first and I'd stay awake but she has good neck control so she lifts her head and moves in her sleep. Just a thought.... I know I'll probably get criticized for say that but oh well. Only way my baby would sleep without me holding her

Yes we all survived. Any baby that died from being placed on their stomach to sleep is obviously not here to say "Hey watch out that's how I died!" Babies that cannot roll should not be placed on their stomach to sleep unsupervised (including when the parent in the room is sleeping). Please don't encourage dangerous behavior.
  • reyes95reyes95 member
    @Larby214 no he doesnt sleep on the floor he sleeps by my side on my bed. On top of a comfy blanket
  • foxslawfoxslaw member
    Please do not put your baby on his tummy, especially if you have him sleeping in a pillow/blanket. You're frankly just asking for trouble
  • Oh gosh, I've been gone for months, but this sounds very unsafe. OP, you've gotten a lot of great advice, including no blankets or pillows and sleeping on the back. Maybe you could do a bassinet or a RNP beside your side of the bed instead?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Never respond, but must answer ... Try rock and play beside your bed.
  • nbad311nbad311 member
    They say babies like situations which simulate the womb, so I had a picture of a very pregnant me blown up and placed on the ceiling above his crib. I leave a nightlight on during the night, and there is enough light during daytime naps, for him to see it. If he can't be back in the womb at least he can look at himself in it and feel comforted. It has really help do the trick for 1-2 hour naps during the day and 5-7 hour stretches at night.

Agreed, no pillow sleeping or belly sleeping... Unsafe. Plus, my LO couldn't see the picture if he was face down, lol!