2nd Trimester

Approaching 2nd trimester

I'll be 14 weeks next week and I'm excited to be in my 2nd trimester. What's the difference between trimesters? And when does 3rd trimester start?

Re: Approaching 2nd trimester

• I'm not nearly as tired and sluggish as I was in my 1st trimester. I'm having 0 complications with this pregnancy. The only thing I notice that's different for me from 1st to 2nd is my mood swings have gotten worse, leg cramps are keeping me awake at night, my sex drive has increased and of course my bump. 2nd trimester ends at the end of week 27 and starts first day of week 28. I try not to compare myself to other pregnant women because every pregnancy is different. I'm 26 weeks and 2 days.
  • @bethanyyy128, I'm sorry that I misread your question and didn't answer exactly what you wanted to know. I gave more of a personal approach vs facts.... this is my first pregnancy so hopefully someone with more knowledge will reply to you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Peach&Dan said:

@bethanyyy128, I'm sorry that I misread your question and didn't answer exactly what you wanted to know. I gave more of a personal approach vs facts.... this is my first pregnancy so hopefully someone with more knowledge will reply to you.

Oh no that's ok. Life experiences is sometimes the best.
  • I will be 15 weeks in 2 days and my first trimester was terrible. I was deathly sick from 5 weeks until I reached about 13 weeks... For me, the second trimester is like a breath of fresh air. My sex drive is definitely up, and I have cravings and an appetite. It's wonderful being able to cook and enjoy dinner with my family once again...also I had so much trouble sleeping in the FT and now as soon as I hit the hay I'm dead to the world! Oh! And my bumb is really starting to grow!
  • I will be 15 weeks in 2 days and my first trimester was terrible. I was deathly sick from 5 weeks until I reached about 13 weeks... For me, the second trimester is like a breath of fresh air. My sex drive is definitely up, and I have cravings and an appetite. It's wonderful being able to cook and enjoy dinner with my family once again...also I had so much trouble sleeping in the FT and now as soon as I hit the hay I'm dead to the world! Oh! And my bumb is really starting to grow!

Awe that's so cool. I can't wait to finally enjoy eating again and not feel nauseous just by having food in my mouth. The nausea is still hitting me alittle yet. Can't wait for it to be over. And I can't wait too see my bump grow.
  • Oh I was so sick! As soon as I moved I was sick. I'll was bed ridden, while trying to be mommy to a 5yr old little boy. It was very depressing at times...I couldn't do laundry, cook dinner, drop/pick up my son from school.. Thank the lord for Mr. Mom...
    Things will get better. Hang in there mama! A few more weeks you will be enjoying this beautiful time in your life.