January 2016 Moms
Options

Pregnant After a Missed Miscarriage?

amargaret24amargaret24 member
edited May 2015 in January 2016 Moms
Hey all, I am 6w6d based on my LMP.... My fiance and I had a missed miscarriage last November at 8 weeks. It was truly devastating as I had no cramping/bleeding, etc. I felt perfectly fine, so it was really sad. I had a D&C then flew to Australia to meet my fiances family and had to pretend like I was alllll good (we had kept it under wraps so there was no use in telling our saga first time meeting the folks!). Anyways, we are pregnant again and ironically going to Australia while at 11 weeks. My pregnancy feels sooo much different this time around, heavy nausea, exhaustion, generally feeling lousy, major food aversion, etc. My first appt is on Monday, June 1st at 7w4d ... Trying to remain confident that there is a heartbeat and a healthy baby inside of there. I'm wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me? I've been reading a lot of the posts about PGAL in general, but the missed miscarriage is odd in that you have no idea anything is wrong until the ultrasound. Thanks xoxo

Re: Pregnant After a Missed Miscarriage?

• Options
    Hi! I also experienced a missed miscarriage. I was supposed to be around 10 weeks but baby stopped developing at around 6 weeks. My body didn't start a miscarriage so I ended up having a D&C as well. I am currently 6w2d and my first appointment is also June 1st! It is super hard not to worry, I hope your appointment goes well! Best of luck! >:D<
  • Options
    Welcome and congrats. I also had a missed miscarriage (MMC) in March. I had every symptom, vomiting, back aches, pimples, peeing. We found out at 10 weeks the baby stopped growing at 6. It is such a betrayal to say the least. Even after the D&C, I was very symptomatic. It took 2 to 3 weeks to feel "normal" again. We were blessed to get pregnant again so quickly, I feel like it's a trick. If we hadn't seen that flicker in the US, I still wouldn't believe it. Best of wishes to you babe :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hello We went through the same thing in March. I went in for my first ultrasound at 11 weeks and found out the baby stopped developing at 6 weeks. No heartbeat or anything. We are now 7 weeks pregnant and I went for my first ultrasound at 5 weeks to see a strong heartbeat! I also found out I have a septate uterus which may bring some complications down the road, but we are just staying positive! Congrats on getting pregnant again!
  • Options
    My first was a mmc. I had my first u/s at 11wks and the baby had stopped developing around 9wks. It was devastating and the D&C was a pretty traumatic experience. Well, the procedure itself wasn't, but the days leading up and the recovery was. Rough, cold docs and nurses, fever and heavy clotting/bleeding, all around awful. My other two m/c were bad and I grieve them all equally, but the mmc+d&c was by far the most traumatic of the three.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    It's an awful thing to connect over, but it's nice to not feel alone on this. I got a very early US last June at 6ish weeks and heard a heartbeat. I guess they thought something was wrong so they brought me back a week later for a follow up, which is when they diagnosed the MMC. I waited for weeks hoping it would happen naturally; after about a month, I got the pills to insert and force it to happen. It was awful- I had 3 major bleeding episodes over the next two weeks, and spotted for the next couple of months after that. We then tried for the next 9 months before finally getting pregnant again! At 6w4d now, and just so anxiously awaiting my first US on 6/4. Good luck to all of you ladies!
  • Options
    @selmiraterzic let me know how your appointment goes....feels like it's forever away! We are really close in our progress :)
  • Options
    I'm also a part of the club. Our first was a mmc. We went in for our first u/s at 8 weeks and baby had died around 7 weeks. I was still puking daily even after finding out, which like PPs said, feels like a complete betrayal. I had a D&C at 9 weeks and then continued to bleed for 2 months afterward (later found out they didn't get everything with the D&C). It took us almost a year to conceive again, but that resulted in DS, thankfully. :)

Even with a success under our belt, the first experience was so awful that we're still broken and almost didn't even go for a second child (quit while we're ahead?!).

But we didn't feel our family was complete so here we are again! We had a great u/s last week at 6w6d and we go back again next week at 9w. I'm relieved we had one good u/s, but will feel better after we pass our loss milestone.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you and you get your rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Options
    Moira18Moira18 member
    In the same boat..back in November missed miscarriage at 10weeks the baby s heart just stopped the day of the ultrasound (it was measuring 10w),a big shock for me and DH...had a d&c which was ok but all the emotional pain...it took me quite a while to recover...now again 7w pregnant I got to hear my baby's heart last week and again tomorrow another ultrasound just to check &lease my mind....I hope and pray for everybody healthy &chapped pregnancies!!!
  • Options
    DjinnaGDjinnaG member
    The thought that got me through the week of waiting for a MC to happen, then a couple rounds of Cytotec when it never did, was, well, apparently my body really wants to be pregnant, and will desperately hold on to anything, even an empty sac.  Tried to consider it as encouragement for the future, as hopefully it will hold on just as tight to the actual embryo that's in there this time.  I have to keep looking at the picture to convince myself that it's real, because it hasn't completely clicked as a thing growing inside me yet.
    IUD removed 2/13/14
    BFP #1 5/23/14, blighted ovum discovered at 7 wks, Cytotec for missed miscarriage at 8 wks 6/26/14
    BFP #2 4/30/15, heartbeat gone at 8 wks, missed miscarriage again, Cytotec didn't work, D&C 6/12/15
    Biopsy discovered was a partial molar pregnancy, on BC for 6 month wait and test
    Trying again with Follistim/HCG trigger shots beginning January 2016
  • Options
    I'm pregnant after 2.5 years of trying. In September of 2012, I went in for my 9 wks us and found out the baby stopped growing at 6wks 5d. It took 3 weeks for my body to realize the baby was gone. Now that I'm pregnant again and last week the baby was only 6 wks 2 d, ok automatically thought that's it the baby's gone. But I was only a week off and honestly I couldn't remember my lmp. I'm seriously hoping and praying everything is ok and I can hear a little heartbeat tomorrow. Good luck to all!
  • Options
    I am part of this club as well... I was pregnant back in October, I miss carried very early at 5 weeks... But my levels did not drop.. They actually kept rising.. So it turns out I had an ectopic pregnancy of an unknown location.. They actually has to give me a shot of methotrexate so my levels would go back to 0.. Only down fall to the shot was we had to wait 6 months before trying again.. Well we tried in April got pregnant on the first try and we are 5 weeks and 4 days. My levels on Tuesday were over 2000 and I go for my first ultra sound on Monday I will be 6 weeks.. I am so excited, trying to stay positive and just know that this time around will be different!
  • Options
    I thank for all of you ladies! Though i' am not active in the community but you are all helpful to me in the times of my pregnancy. I go through Miscarriage yesterday. I was discharging dark brown since saturday, memorial week.. Yesterday morning, i bleed and went to ER.. My baby stop developing at 6 weeks.. :'( she was supposed to be 7 weeks exactly this day :'( this is very heartbreaking for me and my husband. I can't stop crying even now that i am typing this. :'(

I want to get pregnant as soon as possible. Do i need to wait for three cycles?

Ladies, i am praying that all of you have a very healthy pregnancy. I love you and wishing you all the best. :)
  • Options
    mego14mego14 member
    I had a missed miscarriage in April. I was 10 weeks when I started bleeding and I got an ultrasound and we were told the baby stopped growing at 6w6d. It was very upsetting since I had no idea anything was wrong (until I started bleeding 3 weeks after the baby stopped growing). I am very nervous now and can't wait until my next ultrasound in a couple of weeks. It's definitely a terrible waiting game! :(
  • Options
    weeg14weeg14 member
    I haven't posted much, but I just wanted to comment on how much I love your math outlook! I am about 5 weeks along and had a missed miscarriage in February, after having a healthy baby boy in 2013. We saw a heartbeat at 8 weeks, went back at 12 weeks and it had stopped. The thought of that happening again pops in my mind every day, especially since I don't have many symptoms yet (didn't have many with my some either though). In addition to praying when I start worrying, I am now going to keep that 5% in the back of my mind as well. I don't go to the doctor till June 24th, so I have a few more weeks and even then I probably won't be completely worry free till I'm out of the first trimester.
  • Options
    I am so sorry for you, @pinkiestpinkypink
  • Options

@MaeHunter Thank you for the math, I've been throwing that around in my head a lot too. And then I see the posts where mom saw the heartbeat once and came back and it wasn't there, that's where I'm at now...wow this pregnancy thing is REALLY TOUGH!

@pinkiepinkypink I am so sorry for your loss

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    edited May 2015
    @EmilyRugger and @Heron422 ... Wishing you all the best...
  • Options
    JbrechunJbrechun member
    edited May 2015
    @pinkiestpinkypink I started trying again right away. My obgyn told me that it's when you emotionally feel ready to try again. I got pregnant after one cycle. Good luck to you. Sorry for your loss
  • Options
    Meg0810Meg0810 member
    Thank you, @MaeHunter. I have been trying to stay positive and that is very comforting!