High-Risk Pregnancy

Cervical Cerlage??

This is my second pregnancy During the first one my water broke at 18 weeks and it was a still born now my cervix is short and it is possible that this may happen again now I am getting a cervical cerlage to close my cervix , has this happen to anybody else ?? I am very scared and worried my baby wont make it .

Re: Cervical Cerlage??

• Welcome. I am 27 w today and had an emergency cerclage at 19w5d. My 20w u/s showed cervix was 7mm and I was 1cm dilated when they did the procedure. It's all very scary in the beginning. I didn't even know the name of the procedure or questions to ask. My MFM said that he was "trying to get me to 28w". I have been able to return to work, which I am thankful for (as the unknown and waiting with all this is the worst). My MFM expects that my cervix/water bag will funnel past sutures as baby gets bigger. This will cause my water to break. I've done a bit of research, and mean delivery is about 32w when cervix was as short as mine. My personal goal right now is July, my EDD is 8/26. Find a lot of stories online, but often the end outcome is missing (when did you deliver? Is your baby healthy?). We have selected a hospital with a level 3 NICU to give our baby the best odds. Preparing for possible NICU stay, but hoping our baby won't need it. Good luck!! Unfortunately, this board is a bit slow....although there are other ladies around with cerclage experience.
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • I had a cerclage placed at 13 weeks after my sono showed my cervix was measuring 1.8cm. This is my second pregnancy and never had a problem with my first. I started progesterone suppositories at 23 weeks and just finished them a day short of 36 weeks. My cervix actually lengthened to 2.5cm after i had the cerclage placed. I'll be getting it removed next week at my 37 week appointment. Made it this far, hoping to keep going a few more weeks!
    imageimage image image Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Blancakoz-please let us know when you deliver after cerclage removed. Thank you and congrats on making it to 37w.
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • xquizxquiz member
    Getting a Cerlage tomoro what can I expect ?