• Options
    What do you mean "real"?

March 2017 August Siggy Challenge-  Summer Fails

formerly known as theabels

Married to DH since May 2009
    TTC Baby #1 since October 2012
    Dx with Stage 3 Endo December 2013
    IVF #1 Retrieval: February 27- 21 eggs retrieved, 16 fertilized via ICSI 
    March 4: 1 egg transferred. 10 embies on ice!
    March 17: BFP!!

FET#1 Transfer: 6/30/16
    7/7/16 BFP
    Initial Beta 396! 
    Beta 2- 1007
    Beta 3- 2952

Official Due Date 3/18/17!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    The ones who were here during the entire pregnancy not just after.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It seems tons of people left The Bump for another parenting site after The Bump changed some of their posting rules. It seems that there's no one left here.

I feel like the big leave was overly dramatic. I don't get what happened that made so many leave.
  • Options
    I never post anything but I guess I should have
  • Options
    I was here through the whole pregnancy but I guess I dodn't post often...
  • Options
    CaraluvsCaraluvs member
    edited March 2015
    I'm glad there are more unreal moms here now.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Same for me as PP
  • Options
    Most of the regulars migrated to other groups and forums. 
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Options
    Um my baby was born in Nov14 but I don't post much

• Options
    I have followed & read since about 4 months into my pregnancy. I don't really post because my questions or thoughts are usually already posted. My daughter was born November 28, 2014.
    My husband (28) & I (24) are expecting our first baby this fall!

Married:  August 17, 2012   EDD: November 23, 2014
  • Options
    vmainvmain member
    I just watch from afar. There were too many rude remarks on some of the posts. I posted once a suggestion, info from my Dr, and was cut down so I gave up. I read on here now just to see what others are up to. It's ridiculous for people to think there is only 1 right way to raise kids when theirs culture, preference, and babies with unique needs. I come here for ideas. Maybe something I didn't think to try. Within reason of course.
  • Options
    I was also here the majority of my pregnancy, but after LO was born, there was no more time. Today I was bored at work and suddenly thought of this board and came on to see how everyone was doing. It sure felt nostalgic.
    DH & Me 33 ~ Married 2013 ~ DD 2014 ~ EDD 8/24/19
  • Options
    alylayalylay member
    Hi! I'm here too, but I felt the same... So many haters, because as vmain said, there is people that doesn't respect different points of view... For example, I don't agree with CIO sleep training but not because of that I'm going to be rude and insult moms (specially new moms as me that we are nervous, anxious and vulnerable) just because they are asking or thinking about doing it... It would be better if we help each other, with information, advice, etc... We don't know what people is going through... Nowadays there are a lot of haters in the social networks... It's soooo sad for me to see that and thinking in how it is going to be for my daughter when she is a teenager... Isn't enough with bullies at school? Now we have to deal with bulling in our social networks... Wow!!! This isn't what I want for my daughter!
    And I'm going to talk about it with her one day, for sure, it is one of our responsibilities with our kids, but it's getting more and more important everyday to teach them how to be strong, how not to be affected by others' comments... And we need to be considered with other's differences as well... It's really sad what it's happening now! But maybe this hate was always out there... But now it's easier to feel it because you just can write anything you want.... Well, sorry for the long message and for my English... English is my second language!
    All the best and all the strength we need in this new time of our lives! And remember, there are too many haters, but we are not all heaters!!! Hugs!!!
  • Options
    vmainvmain member
    Oh I get it now. They didn't know they were being rude. Like you don't realize telling us to have fun talking to ourselves is proving the point. Geez!
  • Options
    No--we knew--we just didn't care. Kinda like right now. Once again, have fun talking to yourself.

Mama to sweet baby girl, Emerson Rose, born November 7th, 2014

• Options
    crizz13crizz13 member
    vmain said:

I just watch from afar. There were too many rude remarks on some of the posts. I posted once a suggestion, info from my Dr, and was cut down so I gave up. I read on here now just to see what others are up to. It's ridiculous for people to think there is only 1 right way to raise kids when theirs culture, preference, and babies with unique needs. I come here for ideas. Maybe something I didn't think to try. Within reason of course.

I'm tempted to let this die....BUT....Really @vmain? Funny...your first comment is from January 2015... 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    crizz13crizz13 member

I was here my whole pregnancy, didn't post much. I posted once when my LO was about 7 weeks, asking a question, and was totally berated and cut down, so haven't posted since then. Don't need to be bullied by other moms who are supposed to be supportive.

What was your username then? I want to know how you were berated and cut down? I can't look at your comment history because this account was created in April of this year.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    crizz13crizz13 member
    edited May 2015
    xiaopeapod I remember you! If you're interested in connecting on facebook with a lot of the old members of this board, pm lissydee.

thedjinn88rinaealy

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    vmainvmain member
    This was something to read at 2am after reading a million baby articles. I was pretty unsure of posting as a new mom and when I finally did I didn't have a great experience. The point was to watch how you talk others because we are all just moms trying our best. There are ways to not be rude while explaining you don't think letting your baby cio is a good idea. Regardless of when I posted people being nasty to people is still awful.
  • Options
    Somer81Somer81 member
    To your face ? Lol where is your face ?
  • Options
    Right here--what do you have to say to it, @Somer81 ?

• Options
    Wow...I've been here since my pregnancy too but most of you ladies have been nasty from day one so I never said a word. I just recently came back and made a few comments since I hadn't been on in so long. I found other forums to join and made wonderful and lifelong friends from those forums. Not once did I feel attacked, judged, or belittled like many women seem to feel here and that's how it should be! We are all moms and we are all doing the best we can, there is no need to be rude and judgmental and make snark comments to anyone! We are NOT in middle school ladies.
  • Options
    That's nice for you. Hope you enjoyed babycenter. We were here being real with each other, and making much more then friends, I'd call it family. If you thought we were "rude and judgemental", we didn't need you anyway, and clearly we weren't "rude and judgemental" enough to keep you away for the long term--shame...

• Options
    Somer81Somer81 member
    edited May 2015