Trouble TTC
Options

Progesterone and vivid dreams

I've been on progesterone for two days, and I had the most intense dreams the last two nights.  This morning, I googled it, and it looks like it's definitely a thing that happens!  My dreams weren't good or bad, just weird, and very very vivid.

(I mean, there was a 1980's co-ed touch football game where the field slowly revolved, so players had to account for the location of the goals changing, but it was interrupted by the women declaring that they were going on strike for some very important political protest.  And everyone had super authentic 1980s clothes and hair.)

Are you on progesterone, and experiencing intense dreams?  What bizarre story did your subconscious brain tell you last night?
Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

Re: Progesterone and vivid dreams

• Options
    Yes , same thing happened to me !
  • Options
    I had way wacked out dreams on progesterone (I have been on it four different times) . They were quite amusing, but very vivid.

Are you taking yours right before bed?

image imageimage 

September Siggy Challenge : Favorite Childhood Movies ( Sorry I have two)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes! I always have really vivid, intense dreams on progesterone.   In fact I hardly ever remember my dreams, but on medicated cycles I remember every detail.   I once dreamed that I was so homesick for my childhood house that I rented a Uhaul and tried to tie the house to it and drive it to where I live now.   Then the new owner came out and started screaming at me in a Middle eastern language.  I remembered it so clearly that I tried to google the language to see if they were real words or not. :-)

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Options
    retasretas member
    Haha the same thing is happening to me too! I take my progestone in the morning at 8am then again around 6pm and by night time, hold on! i don't know what to expect when i'm sleeping!
  • Options
    KLake42KLake42 member
     Are you taking yours right before bed?
    Yes, I am.  I take it vaginally, so that seems to be the best time to give my body a chance to absorb it, while I'm horizontal.

Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)