April 2015 Moms
Options

More wet than dirty??

ladyteach0505ladyteach0505 member
edited May 2015 in April 2015 Moms
We saw the pediatrician yesterday because our three week old has been having 12+ wet diapers a day and only 1 or 2 dirty.  She's gaining weight and seems to look good otherwise and the pediatrician told us the diaper thing is totally normal, but i never asked WHY the change. Anyone else? It just sort of freaks me out. :((She gets formula and breast milk.) I caught a urine sample in a cup because I'm trying to avoid a cath to rule out a uti. Dr said urine looked like normal urine just looking at it and no fever or big change in feeding.

Re: More wet than dirty??

• Options
    Ours told us that at about 3 or 4 weeks, their bowel movements become less frequent and it's nothing to worry about. About the wet diapers, I'm not sure. Ours has a wet diaper after every feed and nap. Does she cry inconsolably? That might be an indication of a UTI, as they are usually painful. You could also seek a second opinion if you want to be sure. No harm in that.
  • Options
    cataa12cataa12 member
    My pediatrician said that it's totally normal to have so many wet diapers a day. It actually indicates they are very hydrated. Just to worry if there aren't enough.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My two week old has a dirty diaper just once a day. As far as the wet diapers he has one with every feed (every 3 hours) and sometimes I will change him in between if he's crying
  • Options
    My almost 4 week old hasn't had a dirty diaper in a few days, she's breastfed so from what I've been told it's normal and not to worry. I wouldn't worry too much momma if her ped wasn't concerned all should be well:)